Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I am Keeping My Evo Stock ! Despite all the temptations! :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
The Evos overseas are tuned slightly more aggressively because they have higher octanes readily available. Our premium unleaded is slightly lower, plus our Evos are also tuned to accept 91 octane fuel because that is typically the best we can get on much of the West Coast, which certainly accounts for a large portion of the Evo population.

You can change out the bumpers if you want, but if you end up yanking the crash beams as well, then you're putting yourself in more danger, and in the event of a car accident, your insurance company might notice that your crash beam is gone, if you go that route.

The Evo handles plenty sharp as it is, but Mitsubishi set up our rear LSDs like that because the "proper" setup is a bit noisier, supposedly to the point where it chatters even when sharply pulling into a parking spot. They didn't want a bunch of US Evo owners who were new to the car (as we had never had it before) bringing their cars in because they thought that their cars were broken, especially since no other car sold (or at least none that I'm aware of) chatters like that.
+1 on the LSD .. however .. my Evo handled like crap from the day I bought it.
After getting at least the ride height in order it finally woke up, chassis-wise.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
You can change out the bumpers if you want, but if you end up yanking the crash beams as well, then you're putting yourself in more danger, and in the event of a car accident, your insurance company might notice that your crash beam is gone, if you go that route
True, but I had mines with a crash beam on it.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Fully stock Evo here, with no plans to mod it at all. I think the car runs perfectly as is, and as much as people talk all over the place about how a tune is completely safe, and this or that bolt on upgrade is completely minor, the fact is Mitsubishi has spent millions upon millions in R&D for this car that no after market tuner or shop will ever have the resources for, and the car I drove off the show room floor to me is pretty much the perfect sports sedan package.

There will always be faster cars and no matter what the car, there is "potential" to get more power from upgrades, but for me Mitsubishi has delivered an awesome complete sports sedan package and I see no need to mess with the product they delivered for a few more HP here and there and potentially mess with the tune they spent literally thousands of man hours perfecting.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:41 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by highlyevolved
Fully stock Evo here, with no plans to mod it at all. I think the car runs perfectly as is, and as much as people talk all over the place about how a tune is completely safe, and this or that bolt on upgrade is completely minor, the fact is Mitsubishi has spent millions upon millions in R&D for this car that no after market tuner or shop will ever have the resources for, and the car I drove off the show room floor to me is pretty much the perfect sports sedan package.

There will always be faster cars and no matter what the car, there is "potential" to get more power from upgrades, but for me Mitsubishi has delivered an awesome complete sports sedan package and I see no need to mess with the product they delivered for a few more HP here and there and potentially mess with the tune they spent literally thousands of man hours perfecting.
So, knock is good?

BTW, which Evo do you have?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

People on here are funny...."my car is bone stock except for"

That's not stock!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 01:06 PM

Selling my stock 2006 IX MR Apex Silver, removing high end audio and putting mitsubishi cd deck and speakers. Will be put up for sale with pictures soon
Old Mar 14, 2015, 01:58 PM

I was stocked then realized I couldn't stand all the people talking trash on evos so realized ima smoke every single **** talker haha
Old Mar 19, 2015, 03:13 PM

I'm keeping my '05 VIII stock as it is my DD. It's quick enough for me to drive everyday. Then
I have a 3000GT VR4 project car to drive when I want to go have fun.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 07:25 AM

If I had the chance to keep my evo stock I probably would have.
Being the 3rd or maybe even 4th owner of my evo I had to replace some cheap crap out of the car.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:20 PM

Stock here as well, 06 EVO IX MR.

Never intended to mod it ever since I got her. I want to keep what intended to build/produce.

The way she handles and drive is just amazing, maybe not while you're in a small parking lot, poor turning radius lol.

I believe that any sports cars from Evos to Ferraris, they shouldn't be tampered with. Everything is designed for a reason so I think its best to keep it the way that it was produced.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:39 PM

Mod it unleash it's true potential, mitsubishi released a great car but aftermarket companies perfected it trust me
Old Apr 17, 2015, 05:29 AM

My 03 is stock except 06 blistens. I think it drives great and has no real issues for a DD vehicle. I feel that doing COP is not a mod but just making a better product. I also want to fix the rear lsd, and I wish the front had LSD.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My Evo is stock. I mean Stacked!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stock evo

mine was stock untill few ddays ago.. just did exhaust and intake... know i wanna do re flash and intercooler pipes!!!!42k and counting