Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No two step???

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SunnyC
do what he said.. i'm pretty sure the 9 has the switch above the clutch as well. you should get a good flashlight in there and check.. might help if you take off the lower panel as well.
Alright I will get under there today and try again. Even though I want it to work that position really blows the **** lol

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
Lol, you found the brake switch for your brake lights. Good to know that it is still there. I confused the pedal setup quite often when I was in there. You lose your lefts and rights and you can't see all the pedals, it gets pretty frustrating.

The brake switch is a similar setup to the clutch switch you are after. It is possible that it is not there (uninstalled, missing from factory etc). Find yourself one, there like $20 new round here. I've got one that I'm not using but shipping will cost you lol. Install it and wire it to the ECU and you should be set.
Haha yea I was like nice I got it then checked again and realized "oh wrong pedal, cool" So ill try the search again. Also yea I would be interested if I don't have it but shipping from the other side of the world i feel like would be a pretty penny haha
Originally Posted by jspecteggy
OP have you tried reving it to about 3500 letting off for like half a second so the rpms drop a bit then reving it to up to 2 step (5500)? Thats how mine is, idk if thats just how it came or if one of the previous owners had it tuned and set up that way (I'm the 3rd owner)
I haven't tried that actually. Its worth a shot I guess

Originally Posted by fastcars4life
yea id say somewhere in the tuning it got cut out
That's what I figured but my tuner said it was on. They even loaded in the base map and it didnt work.

Originally Posted by PatricksEvilEvo
I launch without two step on all the time, put your foot down until your at 5k and when you slip the clutch, put the gas down. Pretty simple.
I can do that too but I'm picky with my cars and want it to function as it should.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:25 AM

I set my stationary limiter to 5500 and it didnt work.
reflashed the rev-limiter to match it at 5500, and tested, limit was successfully at 5500.
reflashed the rev-limit back to stock and left the stationary limiter at 5500, now it works.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

after all this time i finally found that switch.. thanks everyone for the help
my car finally has two step
Old Mar 12, 2014, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old thread I know but Apex did you have to replace the switch?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

nope it was just unplugged
Old Apr 8, 2014, 03:18 AM

hi guys,
i'm owner of evo9gsr 6speed, european with tephra v7.
when i activate NLTS, it's working perfectly but i have a problem with stationary rev limiter(if is this the problem)
i try to explain better my problem:

when i'm in MOTION(not hold,) ,clutch all down and about 3500rpm i push all gas, rev remain limited around 5000,so is impossible hits the limiter.
what is strange is if i push gas about rev5000 or 2000 i can hit the limiter...it look like i have the range limit also to go up with gears and not only down

if i disable NLTS mode, the problem of stationary rev limiter end.

could you help me?
thank you

Last edited by besk; Apr 9, 2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 04:32 AM

bump please