Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tomei parts made in China?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012 | 09:33 PM

yea who knows

Last edited by BlackEight; Jan 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: no reason
Old Jan 19, 2012 | 09:34 PM

Isn't everything made in china now a days?
Old Jan 19, 2012 | 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

It's funny because I remember when everyone was sooooo pissed when stuff had "made in Japan" on them. Now we get pissed when it does not.
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

They probably had a dispute with their vender or something.
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
I couldn't agree more. Too many folks are quick to rip into Chinese made goods because of the stigma that the parts are automatically knock off parts. If Tomei has production facilities in China then it's likely a better logistics option for them, just because a Chinese fella makes it instead of a Japanese fella doesn't mean it automatically sucks. Psh, just look at the crap that's being cranked out in Detroit and that stuff is made by Americans.
Not only labor is cheaper, factories..... China does not have the same regulations as other countries... which is exactly why it is so polluted there.... and in addition they don't have the same working law ethnics and safety... so building factories is mucho cheaper
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

So.....you're basing your build around a cam gear?? no worries, just by different cam gears and move on to another "theme" lol....HKS maybe?? Idunno, never done a "theme" build before.
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Murf
It's funny because I remember when everyone was sooooo pissed when stuff had "made in Japan" on them. Now we get pissed when it does not.
Damn... you must be OLD.
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Nice...I did date myself a little didn't I. But it was ONLY in the mid-late 80's

Last edited by Murf; Jan 20, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

People's perception of Chinese made products are extremely skewed. A co-worker was talking to me about cars the other day and said "I'd never buy a car made in China, you just can't rely on things made there." Then he pulled out his iPhone to answer a text..

I think you can say the same thing about any country's products; there are going to be some great results and some knock off ****ty results too.
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

curious for the truth...
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alex s
People's perception of Chinese made products are extremely skewed. A co-worker was talking to me about cars the other day and said "I'd never buy a car made in China, you just can't rely on things made there." Then he pulled out his iPhone to answer a text..

I think you can say the same thing about any country's products; there are going to be some great results and some knock off ****ty results too.
Chinese cars are being sold in lots of countries outside the US, and at least from what I've seen first hand, the quality is very poor compared to Japanese and Korean cars.

Many Chinese electronics are first rate, though.
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 07:23 PM

People who think its ok that most of our goods including high tech parts are made in China are idiots for the simple fact that China is not an ally of the U.S.
There is so much information out there about the messed up things that China has done over the years and I dont care to list it all.
Oh yeah and their build quality sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5SRyG6UR2A
Old Jan 22, 2012 | 10:36 AM
EvoM Guru

to my knowledge SOME of Tomei's parts are made in Taiwan.
Old Jan 22, 2012 | 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

What isn't made in china, this are produce in one place and made in china only thing is quailty control make a good parts, and some parts are taken off the market due to a bad casting.
Old Jan 22, 2012 | 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DKC6691
People who think its ok that most of our goods including high tech parts are made in China are idiots for the simple fact that China is not an ally of the U.S.
There is so much information out there about the messed up things that China has done over the years and I dont care to list it all.
Oh yeah and their build quality sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5SRyG6UR2A
Really? we are idiots, or more knowledgeable than you?
You act as if China is incapable of producing quality parts, but maybe what you don't know is China makes millions of high quality components for millions of products produced all over the world. The fact is you're just ignorant to that type of knowledge.

AGAIN, only because parts are made in China does not mean they are crap or low quality.
I personally know this is true, only because parts are made in China does not mean the company who owns the facility in that country is Chinese, so any of the same quality standards are identical no matter where the facility is actually located. "know how" is brought to that country as many others in east/south Asia, Chinese auto manufacturers are complete crap, congratulations... that is 'know how' which they can't buy nor knock off.

Quick Reply: Tomei parts made in China?