Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tomei parts made in China?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really? we are idiots, or more knowledgeable than you?
You act as if China is incapable of producing quality parts, but maybe what you don't know is China makes millions of high quality components for millions of products produced all over the world. The fact is you're just ignorant to that type of knowledge.

AGAIN, only because parts are made in China does not mean they are crap or low quality.
I personally know this is true, only because parts are made in China does not mean the company who owns the facility in that country is Chinese, so any of the same quality standards are identical no matter where the facility is actually located. "know how" is brought to that country as many others in east/south Asia, Chinese auto manufacturers are complete crap, congratulations... that is 'know how' which they can't buy nor knock off.
First of all I never said china is incapable of building quality parts, I find that doing business with a country that allows its business to steal and copy technology from the US and other modern nations should not be one we should be dealing with.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlackEight
Reply -
"The quality of anything we do not stock has been seriously lacking in production quality and would prefer to not have to deal with purchasing any more defective product from Tomei."
The company that I made purchases from are based out of Japan and order straight from the manufacturers(Ive taken out the name of the site from the thread but if you would like to know PM me). They've been in business for over 10 years and I'm sure they're more aware of the whats going on back there so for them to remove some Tomie products off their site and state that the production quality has been lacking then they probably have a good reason. Even on their site for some of the Tomei products they state ''HKS, JUN and TODA are preffered alternatives...or...there are other high-quality alternatives listed on the site".

Could be a dispute, who knows.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who cares where it's made as long as the quality is not affected?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DKC6691
First of all I never said china is incapable of building quality parts, I find that doing business with a country that allows its business to steal and copy technology from the US and other modern nations should not be one we should be dealing with.
OK, I get your point, I may have took it differently....sorry bout that..... I agree that the governing body in China is a POS and they don't respect any US patent laws so they can infringe on which ever they want... they also keep making BS auto regulations for everyone to abide so they can get more and more money, as China/India are coming to be the worlds largest automotive markets... as if US or Europiean regulations arn't enough for the world
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Please educate yourselves, travel and stop making threads such as these. The world will be a better place.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Quality would be my only concern.

China doesn't have the best record in this regard.

As long as its quality it could be made on the moon.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
As long as its quality it could be made on the moon.
that's a good idea, all the parts would be lighter right? or do i need to go back to science class...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Lol.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by AreSTG
that's a good idea, all the parts would be lighter right? or do i need to go back to science class...
only on the moon
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:54 PM

almost everything you buy has been manufactured in China.