Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Prosport boost gauge lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prosport boost gauge lighting problem

So I installed my 60mm boost gauge every thing is wired right..I think... I wired it to be white with lights off, and headlights on and its amber.. so the problem is when i turn the lights to running lighs it turns amber but if I turn it to headlights it goes back to white... Has anyone figured out why it does this??? My white wire is going to the same as power, and the amber wire is going to the green with white strip wire that goes to the radio.. Please help!!!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 01:01 AM

My gauge does the same thing....I just wired up a second switch to turn on after the headlights are turned all the way on
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:52 AM

I just don't understand why it does this... And I have read that you hook the white wire to the whiteand green striped one and the hook the amber wire to the white and green wire on the dimmer switch..but that just seems wrong since both of those wires only get power when you turn the light on... I will find a way to get it to work!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:52 AM

Mine did this also. I just got mad and rewired it so that it was amber all the time.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:58 AM

Yeah I guess that's how I am going to do it... Because I even hooked it up to the headlight fuse under the hood and it still did it...WTF???