Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got a Reflash and cat-back...what next

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2004, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe there aren't more opinions out there!

Downpipe is about all I've really gotten here. Nobody metioned cams or gears, but that's getting pricey more some of us.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get cams. Get HKS cams since you have to pay $700 for the WORKS cams. You can probably find them for around $550 shipped.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by BadBoyBeltran
Get cams. Get HKS cams since you have to pay $700 for the WORKS cams. You can probably find them for around $550 shipped.
Don't you need to buy the cam gears as well in order to get full benefit of this upgrade??
Thanks for the advise, but I would rather not alter something like that. I would rather go with something a little more stealth at this point.

Other thoughts?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

well there are tons of things you could do. I have heard good things about the buscar upper i/c pipe as it eliminates a lot of bends and better flow. You could also go with an intake, you could go with cams but you should get cam gears for the best results. Finishing off your exhaust system is a good idea too witht he most power coming from a 3 inch dp and test pipe. Another popular mod if you didnt have a flash would ahve been a safc and boost controler or what I just ordered which is the greddy emanage and e-01. I thin that having your car tuned instead of flashed will make more power. Its up to you with how much money you have. You may want to start looking into a clutch too.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by darkturbo
well there are tons of things you could do. I have heard good things about the buscar upper i/c pipe as it eliminates a lot of bends and better flow. You could also go with an intake, you could go with cams but you should get cam gears for the best results. Finishing off your exhaust system is a good idea too witht he most power coming from a 3 inch dp and test pipe. Another popular mod if you didnt have a flash would ahve been a safc and boost controler or what I just ordered which is the greddy emanage and e-01. I thin that having your car tuned instead of flashed will make more power. Its up to you with how much money you have. You may want to start looking into a clutch too.
Thanks.
SAFC/Emanage/Boost controller - I hold 19psi to redline, don't see the need to add anything here.
Clutch - no problems yet, no hard launches yet either!
Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i think 3" catback hiflow cat - and 3" downpipe is the best setup for exhaust - Dp will make better flow and you will notice some gain, stock downpipe flows good but there is always room for some improvment. (it looks small and it bends alot)

what i would do i would buy lower intercooler piping there is like 10hp right there. did you notice how it shrinks to like 1 1/4? ....
Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Thats what I was saying. Get the new intercooler pipes for better flow or get cams. You could also get a lightened flywheel or get those ur lightened pullies. Those free up hp the motor already makes but the crank pulley doesnt have a harmonic balance just to warn you. They are good for getting power back though. Other options but you can run around 22psi if you have the car tuned right.