Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car is Ridiculously Slow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Or be able to drive no less lol. I have had pipes pop off a few times while driving. That **** sucks.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it doesnt take a huge gaping hole the size of the grand canyon to create a loss like that. hell i had a tiny crack in my manifold that i thought could never cause significant loss until i was only hitting 10 psi at freakin redline.

op not trying to be a smart A but seriously do as everyone has mentioned. it wont hurt, and it wont kill you, but not doing it could kill your turbo. any boost leak makes the turbo work harder than it should to produce that 11 psi your running. so basically "IF" you do have a boost leak however small it may be now at 11psi it will be bigger at 18 or 19, and technically the turbo will be working at 23+psi to produce that 18 to 19 psi or working even harder shortening the life of your turbo. so if you dont feel like you need to do a boost leak test then as previously stated an evo is not for you or a turbocharged/supercharged car for that matter. maybe something along the lines of a eg hatch with a gsr swap in it so all you have to worry about trouble shooting is a vtak solenoid.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of your exhaust gaskets that holds exhaust pressure is potentially blown in your turbo piping. Make sure no bolts have vibrated out or loose to eliminate that possibility. Happened to me once, lack of building boost and a sort of clicking noise. Check it out.