Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

When was the 1st time your EVO scared the hell out of you?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i first got my evo i took it to a meet and we where leaving one spot to head to another and i had my friend with me and wanted to show off but didnt relaize the tires had gotten wet so when i floored it leaving the parking lot i ended up drifting my evo across the road
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sho669
^Truth
2nd
Old Feb 9, 2012, 04:48 PM

^^^ha ha +2
Old Feb 9, 2012, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

I was going a little above the speed limit, when a guy turned in my lane at the last second. Brake locked up (no abs), went sideways hit the guard rail with my rear end. Luckily it could have been a lot worse. Just slight trunk damage and replaced with jdm bumper.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

The very first time I got on it, the uicp blew off and it died. I thought I blew the motor up at first then realized what happened
Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

This car rotates nicely in the wet but one time getting away from a light I boosted a little too much in heavy rain and went into an old fashioned tank slapper. Very high pucker factor.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

The first time i launched it at 5000 rpm ( also the first day i got it )

it scared me, it is the fastest car i have ever driven and still is lol... im only 19, but ya, **** was crazy I felt awesome my stomach dropped and ****, it was intense for me.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tunnel vision at the track in the s-turns at about 70, all of a sudden everything opened up just in front of a 45* left turn at 70, all i could say was OMG and turn as sharp as I dared--car made the turn and thats when I fiured out I bought more car then I thought I did. Second time --same track different day, over a hill, turn at the top and a blind down hill sweeper. Crested the hill in the worng line, hit the turn and had to brake---rear end lightened up and then locked up briefly while I straightened out all at about 60. Guy behind me said white smoke poured off the rear tires at the top of the hill--asked what the pucker factor was-- lets just say it was high.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 06:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 200 Likes on 144 Posts
When driving on the express way while some ******* was tailgateing me and when I pulled over to let him by I got back over and he slammed on his brakes with no one in front of him.

When I made 600 hp and accidently had to much preload on my wga

When a buddy of mines 5 year old hit mommys door against the *** end of the car and dented the **** out of it
Old Feb 9, 2012, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Doing a pull on the on ramp and I wasn't prepared for the torque steer.
Also I didn't think about how it had rained 3 hours prior, and I went into a turn pretty fast and ended going into a powerslide and almost t-boned a parked car, I got about probably 2-3 feet from it.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Royal Evo
Same here. My evo's first winter. On stock tires and it began to snow. I saw traffic light goes from yellow then red. So, I step on the brake to gradually slow down and anticipating a full stop at the line (I am at speed limit of about 45 mph). I see the cars on the stop started to go . OMG, my car slides...pass thru the traffic light and stop on the other side of the light...
My friend, I could picture something out of a Pink Panther movie as I thought about this in my head. Good that no one was hurt but I believe the look on your face would have been priceless.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
First day when i drove it out.. I bought an used, so it had few mods...scared to go WOT
Old Feb 9, 2012, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i fist got on her in first gear then dropped the clutch! I thought someone ran into me because there was a loud bang from the rear of the car! never again will i do that!!!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Playap07
when i fist got on her in first gear then dropped the clutch! I thought someone ran into me because there was a loud bang from the rear of the car! never again will i do that!!!
That happend to me, but luckly it was my buddy's evo hahahah
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Ending up pointed at a wall at BIR during an event there last year had me a bit worried.

I guess I expected my car to go straight with all 4 spinning from launching a bit too hard on street tires.

Quick Reply: When was the 1st time your EVO scared the hell out of you?