Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

When was the 1st time your EVO scared the hell out of you?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first time i ever got on it in first with three people in the car and barked second gear. we were all pretty scared.

also the most scared was last year. it snowed about 5 inches and i was coming home from helping a friend work on his car. got in behind a salt truck and he stopped to really spray a bridge so i went around him and kicked it. ran up the road fishtailing having fun, and then started to slow down to turn in my road and the brakes locked and started sliding. i was only going about 15 mph but i was sliding for a 20ft drop off into a creek with no guardrail. i forced myself to let off the break and turn the wheel and give it gas. the awd pulled it in the direction i was steering and barely avoiding going off the embankment sideways which def would have rolled and totaled the car. my *** was so tight if you had a hammer you wouldnt have been able to drive a nail in it.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

spun out on the freeway after drifting on an onramp in the rain. bad times
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Spun the car on black ice when it was about a year old. It was early and on my way to church, took a corner too fast, an SUV was coming from the other direction and the car felt like someone else was steering the rear end (the ice). Pointed the car away from the incomign SUV and gassed it, the back came around and I saw the curb coming....clutch in, hand brake up. Ended up facing the other way but no damage.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tuning 600 who on c16
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When first time driving the evo,dint realised how well those brembo brakes can stop the car,was doing 60 and suddenly an old man applied an emergency brake to avoid a car infront of him who dint signal when making a turn,inches away from rear ended that van if not for the superior brembo brake system
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Driving a 670 whp evo 8 in the streets, easy and nice ,
and suddenly a unmarked copcar pulls ut behind and flasing his lights at me ,

Making almost fullthrottle in the middle of the night , thrue town and trying to shake him of was the most scarry thing ever ,

after a wild 10minute chase , I managed to shake him of ,

My heart has never beaten that fast ever in my live , could pracyicly se my heart outside my T-shirt.

The reason Was, No tax , no MOT , and no Enchureence . and i reely was not feeling to lose my car
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fastone_evo6

Making almost fullthrottle in the middle of the night , thrue town and trying to shake him of was the most scarry thing ever ,

My heart has never beaten that fast ever in my live , could pracyicly se my heart outside my T-shirt.

The reason Was, No tax , no MOT , and no Enchureence . and i reely was not feeling to lose my car

lol you got lucky that could of went down hill fast
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bubba17
lol you got lucky that could of went down hill fast
administrative fines aint worth felony time, imo. but then again, I don't drive cars on the street that aren't legal.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:18 PM

Did a 720 coming off the highway once. It was cold, rainy and I still had my summer tires on so it did not take very much to break the tires loose. Luckily it was a big open area and there wasn't any traffic to smash into. I coasted to the side of the road, gathered myself and drove like a grandma the rest of the way home.

Some lady that was behind me called the cops on me and I had a swarm of police cruisers come flying up to my house right as I pulled into my driveway.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
When i first test drove it. Iv been in the BMW scene for a while and never had anything that fast. Took it for a test drive and was thinking it will be quick but nothing crazy. Got on it and scared me for a little bit then got the biggest smile on my face. Still have it every time i drive the car with makes me love it more every time.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kanovic
When i first test drove it. Iv been in the BMW scene for a while and never had anything that fast. Took it for a test drive and was thinking it will be quick but nothing crazy. Got on it and scared me for a little bit then got the biggest smile on my face. Still have it every time i drive the car with makes me love it more every time.
This is what I call "kiss of the EVO".
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
This is what I call "kiss of the EVO".
i absolutely love the car. Always wanted one and finally pulled the trigger and could no be happier.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Right after I got my E85 tuned on WOT my LICP pop off, a big ole bang I thought I blew up my motor. :-))
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ lol i had the same problem
But i popped my coupler too much boost
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fastone_evo6

Here in the States they would have called in the choppers, 2 UAVs, and a B2 Bomber for good measure.
You would have been on the evening news, Cops, and "dumbest stuff on wheels".

Quick Reply: When was the 1st time your EVO scared the hell out of you?