Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Victim of Texting and driving.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victim of Texting and driving.

Yesterday i was hit by a girl who was texting and driving. 100% her fault. she wasn't cited for the accident but in the police report she was pointed out as totally at fault. im just worried about a few things, first she has AAA insurance and i don't know how good that insurance is and if they are reliable. 2nd is that the damage does not look nearly as bad from first glance, so im worried that the insurance adjuster will take a look and not pay out. i know that the rear axle is pretty much done and the is a "kink" in the body panel right behind the rear passenger side window which makes me think that the frame maybe bent. last is my after market stuff, coils, exhaust, mudflaps. of course the flaps are the least of my worries but im worried they wont cover the coils or my greddy exhaust. they're covered by my insurance but im not sure if they will. Am i over thinking it or should i be worried?

Last edited by stowasaurus; Feb 6, 2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
your over thinking. most of the time insurance companies take REAL good care of stuff. IF it was deemed her fault and it was in the police report, you should be ok. if there was no police report and she gave false information then that is when u should be worrying. I got hit by a girl that was texting as well. no police report but i got all the info and good thing she was legit and her insurance took care of it ALL. but this was a stock car, they paid for all repair and labor and rental vehicle as well. The adjuster wrote a check after inspecting and taking pics and checking it in the books for cost. if your aftermarket parts are not covered in your insurance then they dont pay for it. most likely the adjuster will NOT pay for a new exhaust, they estimate on how much it would cost to just bend it back at a muffler shop (ie 20 bucks).
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:50 PM

Make sure that you also get extra $ to cover the depreciation costs incurred with having an accident on your Carfax- Most people don't make note of that when an accident occurs but it will definitely affect your ability to sell or trade your car. Just my .02
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ionlylive
Make sure that you also get extra $ to cover the depreciation costs incurred with having an accident on your Carfax- Most people don't make note of that when an accident occurs but it will definitely affect your ability to sell or trade your car. Just my .02
What insurance company do you think is going to cover that? AAA is a really good ins company. They'll cover whatever is damaged
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:16 AM
Evolving Member

and of course it has to be a friggin GIRL. most women should not be allowed to drive.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If all else fails, file a claim and take her to court
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by sujinX
your over thinking. most of the time insurance companies take REAL good care of stuff. IF it was deemed her fault and it was in the police report, you should be ok. if there was no police report and she gave false information then that is when u should be worrying. I got hit by a girl that was texting as well. no police report but i got all the info and good thing she was legit and her insurance took care of it ALL. but this was a stock car, they paid for all repair and labor and rental vehicle as well. The adjuster wrote a check after inspecting and taking pics and checking it in the books for cost. if your aftermarket parts are not covered in your insurance then they dont pay for it. most likely the adjuster will NOT pay for a new exhaust, they estimate on how much it would cost to just bend it back at a muffler shop (ie 20 bucks).
The exhaust is pretty mangled, i got hit in the rear right side and it threw the muffler up into the wheel well and ripped out the rest all the way to the cat, i think its safe to say that the exhaust is done.