Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Local shop ruined my calipers...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you have pictures of the brakes before you took it in? If so take before and after shots open a claim in small claims court. The BBB wont do anything. Also create a website and post your story. Blog about them and if they have a FB post on there FB. Check if they have a listing with angies list. I would do this quickly. Be a total pain about it and bug them. They are hoping you just go away. Dont let them bully you. I have fought many companies for messing my my car and 99% of the time I have won. Just dont let them push you around...
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thedru13
Do you have pictures of the brakes before you took it in? If so take before and after shots open a claim in small claims court. The BBB wont do anything. Also create a website and post your story. Blog about them and if they have a FB post on there FB. Check if they have a listing with angies list. I would do this quickly. Be a total pain about it and bug them. They are hoping you just go away. Dont let them bully you. I have fought many companies for messing my my car and 99% of the time I have won. Just dont let them push you around...
+1 Noone wants the bad reviews, just keep it going!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

I hope this bastard gets what he deserves.. Id be PISSEDDDD
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Post up the shops name or PM me I can dig up some info for you. Can put my devious IT skills to work.

Give you a quick story. Shipping company screwed me big time same thing hung up and said eff u. I created this website http://www.transportservicesonlinesu...t/Welcome.htmland has caused them major headaches. I was interviewed by the local news last week where they are located My site sparked an official investigation.. Just sayin never back down when you are right
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
Account Disabled

damn! screw that bastard!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoolin4g63
this is why I do all my work myself..! I hate letting other poeple touch my car...Best of LUCK
this. and i feel for you man i'd be pissed too
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Post up the shops name or PM me I can dig up some info for you. Can put my devious IT skills to work.

Give you a quick story. Shipping company screwed me big time same thing hung up and said eff u. I created this website http://www.transportservicesonlinesu...t/Welcome.htmland has caused them major headaches. I was interviewed by the local news last week where they are located My site sparked an official investigation.. Just sayin never back down when you are right
you sir are awesome
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Small claims court will take care of this. Look into it. Don't even need a lawyer.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

That's badass! Gotta love the power of the internet allowing anyone with a voice to be heard by the masses.

The shop is Aurora Tire in Aurora Indiana. It's a fairly small outfit, 3 bays, no website, and the only advertising they do is one commercial I hear every morning on my way to work... "If it's round and has a hole in it, bring it to us, we'll fix it today" Catchy, and kinda funny slogan, but now all I think is: well my *** is round and has a hole in it, how about you kiss it!

Anyway... from what I've gathered from my facebook posting, others have had issues with them too. One guy got charged for a whole new exhaust when they just patched the rusted one, another person almost wrecked their car because they didn't put their caliper on right and the brake fluid drained out. There were a couple more too but I can't remember the specifics.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Let me see what I can dig up.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you really want to make an impact, you need better SEO
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

I had a similar 'broker' issue with newworldautotransport thedru13. They claimed to be the transporter and were over a week late. Luckily the car in question was a roller at that point, otherwise I fear I may have ended up with the same kind of experience you had - driven and beaten on. I will NEVER use a transporter again. I will drive 17 hours one way with my own enclosed trailer before I ever let a company touch my cars.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:16 AM

Sorry to hear this man! I had a similar case with a local shop who forgot to tighten Val up my valve cover and then denied everything!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

That is pretty awesome. Although, it is a little sad when you read through many of the stories on there and realize just how bad people are at spelling and proper grammar.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

So... I contacted my insurance. They're going after the shop's insurance to make good on the damage claim. This should be interesting...

Quick Reply: Local shop ruined my calipers...