Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Gauges.. :)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is meant as an additional tool to aid. If conditions outside are bad too bad don't use the gauges, they're not needed. If you want maximum visibility buy an m5 or vette to get hudisplay on the screen and adjustment according to lighting conditions
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I like them. I wished they would offer them in 60mm.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, me no likey either.. look way to hard to read when runnin hard..lol I will post a pic of mine, I got the same panel
Old May 2, 2012, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
OK, I'll be the one...

I like the panel, but hate the gauges. Two reasons: A well-designed gauge allows one to see its relative reading at a glance. A glance. Reason being, when one's car is moving fast enough to need gauges, the driver doesn't have the time concentrate his vision on an instrument. Second reason, any visual package like above is susceptible to sunlight as a blurring agent, making the driver concentrate even more on something that should be visible at a .... glance. Almost pointless.

lol thanks for the bash guy, but im not in a race/rally situation where a split risky glance at my gauges is dangerous, and on the other hand in that case any decent educated driver will kno what boost his car is tuned to and rely on his tuners experience to have his air/fuel and timing accurate, soo in a sence you shouldnt even have to take that glance at your gauges, which do make them pointless. but like i said im not in any race situation, i kno how much boost my car is making and about where my AFR's are so i should be ok and i like the way they look and they work fine for me. as far as the sun goes, it actually doesnt glare that bad and its not something we can easily get rid of, many of us deal with the occasional gauge glare and i dont think we mind it too bad haha thanks for all the input everone..
Old May 2, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63kid
Hey everyone thought id post up some pics of my gauge install. i kno with all the different gauges and setups out there it might be hard to choose which you wanna do. the best way to figure out what you want is to research and find something ya like. hopefully my setup will spark some interest in other ppl who might wanna do something similar or the same.

I went with the Gruppe-S gauge panel bought from STM. I had to purchase and relocate my radio t the lower cubby area. As far as Gauges, chose the Prosport EVO series gauges, Boost, Wideband AFR, and Oil pressure. These gauges feature a black face when the gauge is off and a full digital colored display when they are on. I have all three of my gauges red to match my interier and they math very very well. the colorof this gauge can be changed from red to blue for those of you who would like to match your blue interior. Prosport makes these same gauges with a green backlight as well that can be changed to white. These gauges are all 52mm and they all match perfectly. i didnt wanna have 2 matching gauges and then an oddball wideband gauge.

K somethings i like about these gauges and some things i dont like.
likes... the price of these gauges werent too expensive. i was originally going to do all aem gauges and you can expect to pay 200 for wideband and 145 each for the boost and oil pressure gauges from aem. for the prsport gauges i paid 200 for the wideband, i think i paid 92 for the boost and like 86 for the pil pressure gauge. these gauges dont seem cheap made like others i have seen either. another thing i like about these gauges is that they are easy to read. prosport makes an oil filter adapter plate which made my sending unit install very easy.

one particular thing i like about the boost gauge is it reads to 35psi where as most other gauges only read to 30. another thing i like about these gauges is that they fit perfect only 1.5" deep and their faces fit nice anf flush with the gauge panel. inluke the aem gauges which stick out like a half inch lol.

the only dislike i have with these gauges is that i cannot log my afr in evoscan. the wideband does come with a 0-5v analog output for logging but i tried and i couldnt get anything to log. other than al that im very happy with them and the way the look. another kinda nifty thing about these gauges is that they are the EVO series gauges,,, nothing at all to do with the evo cars but the gauges do say evo in the display lol. heres a few pics let me kno what ya think hipe tis thread is helpfull thanks all..
There is a write up on here on how to wire in your 5v output from the wideband into the ECU and log it that way in evoscan.

I plan on doing that once I rebuild my motor and can install my prosport boost and wideband halo gauges.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:21 AM

Dang nice
Old May 2, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

nice set up for all 3 gauges,
Im also considering those gauges,,,
but most ppl say that AEM wideband is the most accurate...
How is one for prosport???

I like prosport better for its look and PRICE!!!
Old May 2, 2012, 05:04 PM

Thats sick...
Old May 3, 2012, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hachansoo0413
nice set up for all 3 gauges,
Im also considering those gauges,,,
but most ppl say that AEM wideband is the most accurate...
How is one for prosport???

I like prosport better for its look and PRICE!!!
I like the AEM wideband. Have had mine for about 2 years with no issues. Only con is that for around $200 the face gauge doesn't look all that great. Looks too plasticky and cheap, at least the black one does.. Other than that it seems to be very accurate and reliable which is what's most important.

I want to get a boost gauge and like the prosport evo but I have concerns on its accuracy and reliability. Are AEM and Prosport both made in China?
Old May 3, 2012, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Looks good !
Old May 3, 2012, 12:48 PM

nice setup
Old May 4, 2012, 08:56 PM

Looks Good!
Old May 6, 2012, 02:31 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63kid
lol thanks for the bash guy, but im not in a race/rally situation where a split risky glance at my gauges is dangerous, and on the other hand in that case any decent educated driver will kno what boost his car is tuned to and rely on his tuners experience to have his air/fuel and timing accurate, soo in a sence you shouldnt even have to take that glance at your gauges, which do make them pointless. but like i said im not in any race situation, i kno how much boost my car is making and about where my AFR's are so i should be ok and i like the way they look and they work fine for me. as far as the sun goes, it actually doesnt glare that bad and its not something we can easily get rid of, many of us deal with the occasional gauge glare and i dont think we mind it too bad haha thanks for all the input everone..
Clearly my comments were 100% right on, as confirmed by your own words. Not really sure how a valid, cogent criticism qualifies as bashing, or how an answer-for-everything-without-making-sense rationale fits into all this, but seeing where the site is headed I'm sure a reason could be found.

Last edited by FJF; May 6, 2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old May 8, 2012, 02:53 PM

Will that cd player relocation kit fit an after market head unit or only the stock radio? Also what size gauges are those?
Old May 21, 2012, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

why defi gauges are soo expensive? is there an alternative for that? heard autometer sucks.. wonder how true that statement is,,

Quick Reply: My Gauges.. :)