Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Gauges.. :)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's pretty sick!
Old May 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63kid
lol thanks for the bash guy, but im not in a race/rally situation where a split risky glance at my gauges is dangerous, and on the other hand in that case any decent educated driver will kno what boost his car is tuned to and rely on his tuners experience to have his air/fuel and timing accurate, soo in a sence you shouldnt even have to take that glance at your gauges, which do make them pointless. but like i said im not in any race situation, i kno how much boost my car is making and about where my AFR's are so i should be ok and i like the way they look and they work fine for me. as far as the sun goes, it actually doesnt glare that bad and its not something we can easily get rid of, many of us deal with the occasional gauge glare and i dont think we mind it too bad haha thanks for all the input everone..
Aside from the glare, I thought they were great gauges for the money for installation, tech support, and accuracy. I just couldn't see them with polarized sunglasses, some food for thought for other folks considering picking these up, not bashing on an otherwise quality product.
Old May 31, 2012, 04:43 PM

*gauge update*

Hey everyone thanks for all the views, opinions, likes and dislikes.

I kno there hs been some debate about the digital gauges and how they perform in the sunglare. I got a pic i wanted to post showing just how these gauges perform in that situation. I kno the glare topic is a turnoff to some ppl about some particular gauges.

What iv noticed is that its pretty damn near impossible to elimnate all gauge glare from just about any gauge. thats like turnng off the sun just cant do it. but anyways the prosport digital evo series gauges. When these gauges are affected by the glare aspect of the sun their actually pretty easy to read still. unless the sun is directly reflected right back to your eyeball they can be read easily. Being that these gauges are digital,, whenever the sun shines on them the bcklit display kinda cancels out the color and the gauge almost has somewhat of a negative display effect. kinda like a negative of a photo its kinda hard to explain your just gona have to figure that out from the pic but other than that i have had no problems reading the gauges in the sun.

This pic shows the center gauge directly in the sun glare the other gauges are somewhat also but not as much it was hard to geta decent picture.

Hope this post has cleared up some questions about the topic.
Attached Thumbnails My Gauges.. :)-img_4920.jpg  
Old May 31, 2012, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
When I had white Defi BFs, I could barely see them during daylight either. Those look pretty cool.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:50 AM

nice
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sub'd for a future reference/purchase