Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Gauges.. :)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Gauges.. :)

Hey everyone thought id post up some pics of my gauge install. i kno with all the different gauges and setups out there it might be hard to choose which you wanna do. the best way to figure out what you want is to research and find something ya like. hopefully my setup will spark some interest in other ppl who might wanna do something similar or the same.

I went with the Gruppe-S gauge panel bought from STM. I had to purchase and relocate my radio t the lower cubby area. As far as Gauges, chose the Prosport EVO series gauges, Boost, Wideband AFR, and Oil pressure. These gauges feature a black face when the gauge is off and a full digital colored display when they are on. I have all three of my gauges red to match my interier and they math very very well. the colorof this gauge can be changed from red to blue for those of you who would like to match your blue interior. Prosport makes these same gauges with a green backlight as well that can be changed to white. These gauges are all 52mm and they all match perfectly. i didnt wanna have 2 matching gauges and then an oddball wideband gauge.

K somethings i like about these gauges and some things i dont like.
likes... the price of these gauges werent too expensive. i was originally going to do all aem gauges and you can expect to pay 200 for wideband and 145 each for the boost and oil pressure gauges from aem. for the prsport gauges i paid 200 for the wideband, i think i paid 92 for the boost and like 86 for the pil pressure gauge. these gauges dont seem cheap made like others i have seen either. another thing i like about these gauges is that they are easy to read. prosport makes an oil filter adapter plate which made my sending unit install very easy.

one particular thing i like about the boost gauge is it reads to 35psi where as most other gauges only read to 30. another thing i like about these gauges is that they fit perfect only 1.5" deep and their faces fit nice anf flush with the gauge panel. inluke the aem gauges which stick out like a half inch lol.

the only dislike i have with these gauges is that i cannot log my afr in evoscan. the wideband does come with a 0-5v analog output for logging but i tried and i couldnt get anything to log. other than al that im very happy with them and the way the look. another kinda nifty thing about these gauges is that they are the EVO series gauges,,, nothing at all to do with the evo cars but the gauges do say evo in the display lol. heres a few pics let me kno what ya think hipe tis thread is helpfull thanks all..
Attached Thumbnails My Gauges.. :)-ps1.jpg   My Gauges.. :)-ps2.jpg   My Gauges.. :)-ps3.jpg   My Gauges.. :)-ps4.jpg   My Gauges.. :)-ps5.jpg  

Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They look pretty good! One Q is the wideband acurate ?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very clean looking. It almost looks stock! Very nice job.

-Acree
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Very Nice, I have been thinking about the same setup, but will probably stick with AEM as I have it logging thru ECU already.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good!

Thanks!
-Em
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good. I was just afraid of the prices. Casue I hate to say this about somethings. But you have to pay to play. So Ive just waited to get all of my gauges. 52mm defi boost 52mm aem Wideband and 60mm Defi water temp, oil pressure, EGT, and fuel pressure. Sure it was expensive but. Its gonna be well worth it.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the same panel and went with the Prosport Halo gauges. Love them.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
looks good man
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looking good!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:11 PM

hey man the wideband seems to be pretty accurate? im in pa so thats like 700ft above sea level lol. idk how much of a difference it makes. but seems to sit between 14.5 and 14.6 at idle and cruising between 14.3 14.5 cruising so sounds pretty close. might be slightly off but not enough for inacuracy.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:11 PM

thanks everyone
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet dude.

Evos deserve more than just the regular A pillar mounted gauges. Not a big fan of those. That looks how mitsu intended them to be :-)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good! almost like mini subwoofers when there off.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by xxthayxx
Looks good! almost like mini subwoofers when there off.
haha they do!

I've never seen those before, not bad.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:17 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
OK, I'll be the one...

I like the panel, but hate the gauges. Two reasons: A well-designed gauge allows one to see its relative reading at a glance. A glance. Reason being, when one's car is moving fast enough to need gauges, the driver doesn't have the time concentrate his vision on an instrument. Second reason, any visual package like above is susceptible to sunlight as a blurring agent, making the driver concentrate even more on something that should be visible at a .... glance. Almost pointless.

Quick Reply: My Gauges.. :)