Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rejected...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rejected...

Aight so I failed NJ inspection today...I had a test pipe and replaced it with a cat converter last night. Right before I went through inspection I reset the codes. I got the sheets for what I failed to and it said cat converte and evap system were "not ready" when they were scanned. I assume this just means I have to run my car a bit to get them to start reading again? A certain amount of miles maybe? Just looking for some insight, and if I fail again, what are my options?

When I got it scanned before they cleared it I had 2 o2 sensor codes, cat converter code, and engine misfire??? My car runs perfect, no misfires as far as I can tell. What could cause this code? The other ones are understandable, from having the tp.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to complete the drive cycles after resetting the codes, I went out and put 200 miles on my car using just about every driving scenario. Just went through the same things.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:27 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by R. Burgundy
Aight so I failed NJ inspection today...I had a test pipe and replaced it with a cat converter last night. Right before I went through inspection I reset the codes. I got the sheets for what I failed to and it said cat converte and evap system were "not ready" when they were scanned. I assume this just means I have to run my car a bit to get them to start reading again? A certain amount of miles maybe? Just looking for some insight, and if I fail again, what are my options?
A time back I went for an inspection. "Not ready" was the verdict. My own fault (did not update the map). I went home and changed the appropriate values, but didn't know whether I could get an inspection immediately. Posted the question of the forum, shot a few PMs to folks I respected - no one could say for sure. Not 100%. So, I drove the car through several stop and go cycles, etc. You can find direction on the 'net. HTH
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Aight that's what I figured...but how about the engine misfires? Any idea?

Also my CEL does not illuminate...anyone know how to get to the bulbs? Im fairly certain the previous owner just ripped the bulb out haha. It doesn't even turn on when I turn the key to the acc or whatever that makes every gauge light turn on...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an issue like that on my old Monte Carlo. I had to drive it 100 miles on the dot. lol
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Add the 'force OBDII' patch to your rom. You will pass all the time no matter what you do to your car. The patch can be found in the ecuflash section.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:01 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
Add the 'force OBDII' patch to your rom. You will pass all the time no matter what you do to your car. The patch can be found in the ecuflash section.
That's kinda what I was referring to above. The question remains, does the car need to be driven after the patch is installed? Does anyone know for sure, as another data point?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
That's kinda what I was referring to above. The question remains, does the car need to be driven after the patch is installed? Does anyone know for sure, as another data point?
as far as i know, you can go right to get inspected after you flash. i flashed and within 2 days probably got inspected, so probably less than 20 miles driven.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thats only if theres no sniffer correct?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

You can plug the car in literally right after you clear the code with the patch installed.

Last edited by Tfresh; Mar 17, 2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drive the car more and also, once you get to the freeway, drive between 65-70 mph no more, no less for 10 min without moving the throttle. It is part of the ECU check or something. That will fill 2 of the checklist that the ECU