Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

VIII overheat / Fan testing.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
VIII overheat / Fan testing.

I’m working on a 2003 8
When driving at down the interstate it seems to run a little higher temp than normal. Also when boosting a little or a lot of psi it seems to heat up quick but it goes right back to normal when it decelerates or the rpm’s come down. I ordered a mishimoto 66 degree thermostat and flushed the radiator. Before I start doing hg tests and all that I’m going to try the tstat and make sure the fan is kicking on rite because I know there was a recall on the fan control module and don’t know if it had been replaced prior to me owing it.
I found this old post on when the fan will come on for a VII is this accurate for the VIII?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7060891-post26.html
I’ll just watch the coolant temp on evoscan and see if it comes on at the rite temp?'
Any beter way to test it?

Any advice would be helpful..Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
If you are talking about the inner rad fan that is not your issue for heating up there are many evos on here mine included that haven't run an inner fan in years. My car never gets hot even in parkway traffic in the summertime

I would look elsewhere if the car is getting hot when you are getting on it I'd def look to a HG
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeh thats my fear. Im going to do the tstat and see if that helps it.