Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Removing check engine light from the Ecu?? Possible

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Google is your friend.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I got the pinout, I'll check it out today
Old Apr 1, 2012, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

In the ECU software there are a lot of settings that can allow us to turn on/off the ODBII readiness codes that will disable the CEL.

Your tuner obviously turned off all this stuff and you will need a retune. When you get it re tuned, make sure to tell your tuner to turn on all the ODBII readiness codes, and to check the injector latencies.

Once that is done you should have no problems passing smog.

I would also recommend that you spend some time reading the ECUFlash section. Then pick up a laptop and matrix cable so you can do some better diagnosis next time

good luck
Old Apr 1, 2012, 03:05 PM

Good advise and thank you... If I get access to a cable and laptop is it as easy as turning the obd2 readiness setting on??? Leaving the tune untouched?

Originally Posted by chrisw
In the ECU software there are a lot of settings that can allow us to turn on/off the ODBII readiness codes that will disable the CEL.

Your tuner obviously turned off all this stuff and you will need a retune. When you get it re tuned, make sure to tell your tuner to turn on all the ODBII readiness codes, and to check the injector latencies.

Once that is done you should have no problems passing smog.

I would also recommend that you spend some time reading the ECUFlash section. Then pick up a laptop and matrix cable so you can do some better diagnosis next time

good luck
Old Apr 1, 2012, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricekiller1
Good advise and thank you... If I get access to a cable and laptop is it as easy as turning the obd2 readiness setting on??? Leaving the tune untouched?
Yes it is very easy to fix if that is what is wrong. You will not have to touch fuel/timing or any of that stuff
Old Apr 2, 2012, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricekiller1
Yes, as long as you can locate all of the codes set to "0" in the periphery section that you for sure want to change back to "1". That's why I recommended that you start from scratch with an unmodified OEM rom. Make sure you set your access level to "Developer", or it won't allow you to make the changes.