Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I got Hit.. What should I look for? Listen for?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got Hit.. What should I look for? Listen for?

Just as the title says...I was hit on the passenger side rear hub assembly. The wheel is toast and the rear bumper is toast. Possibly the fender. I immediately contacted my insurance and had my car hauled to the Mitsubishi dealership. I am not at fault so I do not need to worry about expense. (sorry I have no pictures, it was dark when it happened and I was so mad it was all I could do to not choke the fool that ran the stop sign.)
My question is in regard to what type of damage can occur when the wheel is hit directly? The other car was going less than 20 MPH and it was a mitsubishi mirage. It hit dead center of my wheel. My car seemed drivable but after putting about 2 miles on it I noticed some noises coming from that hub. I pulled over and had it picked up. (I had to drive it back to my house so I could get my other car and go to formation) How far forward into the AWD system can the damage go? Im not expecting it to go beyond the rear differential but Im new to Evo's so I figured I should ask people with more experience.