Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu might lower prices

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man, so is our car like the tiburon of this tier of cars?

jp

i still love evo!

...rest of mitsu can burn in hell for all i care....
Old Jan 23, 2004, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sometimes lowering the price can have a negative effect... it lowers the 'quality' perception of a car... to the ignorant consumer... they can see an afordable car as average of the road, while expensive cars are superior. i say keep evo prices where they are to maintain the flag ship 'feel' of it. also resale value will drop if MSRP drops
Old Jan 23, 2004, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man, so is our car like the tiburon of this tier of cars?

jp

i still love evo!

...rest of mitsu can burn in hell for all i care....
Old Jan 23, 2004, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by WestSideBilly

Not true for all cars. Most cars do depreciate a fair amount first year. Many exotics and new low-volume cars appreciate considerably until supply meets demand. My S2000 was worth more (on paper) than I payed for a good 10 months. I expected the Evo and STI to have the same situation, but it appears that the supply is sufficient to meet up with demand.
True true. Ferrari's dont devalue much at all either but most of us cant afford the "specialty" cars. There are always a few exceptions to every rule I was making a very very general statement. Glad the S2000 worked out for ya. Honda's still suck tho
Old Jan 23, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, I have to agree. is not doing great at all. I really cant understand why they can't come up with a nice design. Most 04 mitsu cars are really fraekin ugly looking. The evo8 is nice, but I would rather take the look of the evo6. IT's lighter and more compact looking. I saw an evo6 with a skyline-like body kits and that thing look so fcking mean. The 04 galant and the new lancer rally art are craps. In the other hand, suburu has done a great job with the new WRX and STI. They are not the greatest looking car, but hell, alot better looking than the rally art and the 04 galant. Anyways, I hope that the evo8's market value wont go to **** after a couple of years. Hopefully mitsu will stop importing them. hahaha...Peace..........!
Old Jan 23, 2004, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

I will forever love my EVO and may never get rid of it :P