Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu might lower prices

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsu might lower prices

Just read this check it out for anyone who might be buying a Mitsu.

http://www.cars.com/news/stories/012...ory&aff=boston
Old Jan 21, 2004, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

I like seeing this aggressive management at Mitsu...they need to get their butts in gear and start selling the **** outta stuff. I want them to be around for a long time now that I have one of their cars...
Old Jan 21, 2004, 02:43 PM

Yes! Please lower prices! So I can get one of these sooner!

P.S. please give me full value for my trade!
Old Jan 21, 2004, 02:56 PM
XRS
Evolving Member

Nah, it aint just the pricing, its the huge styling makeover that's really killin .
Old Jan 21, 2004, 07:50 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Mitsubishi's reputation among "normal" car buyers isn't that great, either.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

yes please lower the prices, it's not like the EVO resale value sucks *** already (bought a car for 31,000 7 months ago and now they go for 23k used)

Last edited by blonde; Jan 21, 2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by blonde
yes please lower the prices, it's not like the EVO resale value sucks *** already (bought a car for 31,000 7 months ago and now they go for 23k used)

That is what is holding me from picking one up. I see people crap on civics on this site some but my Si after almost 5 years is still worth over 50%. That is amazing.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by blonde
Exactly, I hope it doesn't lower price. If they lower price, then it pretty much make the car worthless money wise.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hopefully Mitsubishi will start putting out better quality cars so that it can one day be a Tier 1 auto maker, until then they can offer all the warranties they want, but if they still make unreliable cars, noone will want them. Also the new galant looks oogly
Old Jan 22, 2004, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Alias

Exactly, I hope it doesn't lower price. If they lower price, then it pretty much make the car worthless money wise.
Bah, A car is only worth what you are willing to pay for it anyway. No one ever said that buying a car is an investment. They are really just for your ego anyway When it boils down to it all cars depreciate extremly quickly at first but most wont drop too far below %50 of there value for quite sometime, unless its a domestic car. I've never understood the Honda market, the cars are crap and fall apart and I dont care how many people argue with me on that because you wont change my mind. My wife and I owned to Honda's and both cost a butt load to maintain and broke down under 50k miles, not too mention the countless recalls on those cars. crap crap crap thats how you spell Honda.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly, I'm not one bit worried about the terrible resale value because I know imma keep my baby until the day it dies on me or I total it (hopefully not)...why sell a perfectly fineass car when you can mod it up a bit and it's gonna fly?
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Mitsubishi will almost never offer any discounts on the Evo's

Trust me these cars will hold there value over time
(Almost every car you buy in the market will dramatically depreciate with in the first year)
But these cars will only be around for a limited time then they will be as hard to find as a 3000 GT VR-4 or an Eclipse GS-X

The only discount on a new Evo given is a $1000 customer loyalty cash
(This is only given if you already own a Mitsubishi, or someone living in the same house owns a Mitsubishi)

Trust me this is the only car Mitsubishi will not cut corners on

In fact many dealers on the East Coast have been penalized by the corporation because of dropping there prices too low
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Mitsu might lower prices

Originally posted by PuertoRoc
Just read this check it out for anyone who might be buying a Mitsu.

http://www.cars.com/news/stories/012...ory&aff=boston
This are not for the Evo product line, all other cars except the Evo
Old Jan 23, 2004, 06:19 AM
El Jefe

Originally posted by Alias
If you already have yours, and you enjoy driving the car, why does it really matter?
Old Jan 23, 2004, 06:24 AM
El Jefe

Originally posted by PDXEvo
When it boils down to it all cars depreciate extremly quickly at first but most wont drop too far below %50 of there value for quite sometime, unless its a domestic car.
Not true for all cars. Most cars do depreciate a fair amount first year. Many exotics and new low-volume cars appreciate considerably until supply meets demand. My S2000 was worth more (on paper) than I payed for a good 10 months. I expected the Evo and STI to have the same situation, but it appears that the supply is sufficient to meet up with demand.

Originally posted by PDXEvo
I've never understood the Honda market, the cars are crap and fall apart and I dont care how many people argue with me on that because you wont change my mind. My wife and I owned to Honda's and both cost a butt load to maintain and broke down under 50k miles, not too mention the countless recalls on those cars. crap crap crap thats how you spell Honda.

Your bad experience doesn't mean everyone else is having a bad ownership experience.