Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Light button and traction control switch IN OP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PAHSCT9A
Like Propilot04 way saying, it could be the wrong fluid or need to be bled. I'm not a fan or stealerships though unless you go to a reputable one. Our local Mitsu dealer pulled a code from my friends 9 MR and he thought they replaced the ACD pump unit when really they replaced his whole ECU. I've never heard of a Evo ECU that was faulty but it could happen. Anyways like you his 3 lights were on and he he finally broke down and ordered a used pump off ebay for $500. I would suggest other means, like checking connections and the electrical side of things before replacing the whole unit. I also found it strange how my pump has never been replaced considering I have over twice the mileage he does. Luck of the draw I guess. Good luck.
Yeah... I wouldn't let just any dealership do work on my car. But I don't mind taking it there to get a code pulled. Then I can figure out how I'd like to proceed.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well I ordered the fluid a week ago.. still waiting for it. the reservoir looks like ATF and is full. the reason why I am asking so many questions is the closest stealership is 2 hours away... there is a local import shop that lets me use there tools and lift all the time on my last car said the scanner they have could check it but it died the day I went in to fix another issue with the car. So I do find it weird though that in order to bleed the system you have to turn the key and stomp on the gas to get it to turn on... mine doesn't do that.... nothing turns on, which is why i am wondering if there is a fuse.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ProPilot04
Yeah... I wouldn't let just any dealership do work on my car. But I don't mind taking it there to get a code pulled. Then I can figure out how I'd like to proceed.
I agree 100%.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yacubkep
well I ordered the fluid a week ago.. still waiting for it. the reservoir looks like ATF and is full. the reason why I am asking so many questions is the closest stealership is 2 hours away... there is a local import shop that lets me use there tools and lift all the time on my last car said the scanner they have could check it but it died the day I went in to fix another issue with the car. So I do find it weird though that in order to bleed the system you have to turn the key and stomp on the gas to get it to turn on... mine doesn't do that.... nothing turns on, which is why i am wondering if there is a fuse.
I'm not sure on the fuse part but you're correct the reservoir is filled with ATF fluid.

Sorry did not mean to post twice.

Last edited by PAHSCT9A; Apr 29, 2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by yacubkep
I'm sure there's a fuse somewhere... but I don't have that kind of information off the top of my head.

I'd be surprised if this shop had the software/hardware to read the ACD codes. It was my understanding that it was VERY specialized (ie: ONLY for that purpose) and VERY expensive. Could be wrong though. I find it hard to believe that you have an import specialty shop in your town but no Mitsu dealer?

Not calling you a liar... obv you live there, so you'd know. I just find that hard to believe. Haha.