Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Las Vegas Mitsu Meeting NEWS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2002, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Great News

I just went to the Tuttle-Click Mitsubishi in Irvine, California and am now officially the first person on the list of people who have put down a deposit. deposits are 1000 checks that get stapled to your info and stored away untill shipment finally begins. While I was their I talked to the manager and a very well dressed man that seemed like he was very important. They both were in vegas and confirmened the under 30k price, AYC, VCD, Brembos, and FMIC are for sure. They said power will be still anyones guess but expect around 260. I belive they also said 6-speed but can not remember for sure so dont hold me accountable. Terrance, the sales person in charge of my deposit is very knowledgeable about the all the evo's and can tell you as much about what will be in the evo VIII as anyone who went to the Convention. Everyone at the dealership was very helpfull and id recomend using this dealership to anyone who doesn' have a deposit yet.
Old Jul 20, 2002, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Great News

Originally posted by Guack007
I just went to the Tuttle-Click Mitsubishi in Irvine, California and am now officially the first person on the list of people who have put down a deposit. deposits are 1000 checks that get stapled to your info and stored away untill shipment finally begins. While I was their I talked to the manager and a very well dressed man that seemed like he was very important. They both were in vegas and confirmened the under 30k price, AYC, VCD, Brembos, and FMIC are for sure. They said power will be still anyones guess but expect around 260. I belive they also said 6-speed but can not remember for sure so dont hold me accountable. Terrance, the sales person in charge of my deposit is very knowledgeable about the all the evo's and can tell you as much about what will be in the evo VIII as anyone who went to the Convention. Everyone at the dealership was very helpfull and id recomend using this dealership to anyone who doesn' have a deposit yet.
Wow
We get to watch VCD's too
Man some person on this thread said no acd but you're saying we do i'm guessing from your vcd typo
Ugh rumors rumors rumors
Old Jul 20, 2002, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For your info VCD = viscous coupling differential which is cheaper, less sophisticated, and is the main difference that gives the evo Vll equiped with ACD it's razor sharp handling.
Old Jul 20, 2002, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Talking Typo

Sorry for the typo I meant ACD but typed VCD thinking Variable Center Differential. Yes, I know it isnt usually refered to as that.

Hey, regardless it sounds like we're getting a pretty full version of the car for under 30k which makes me very happy
Old Jul 20, 2002, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right on DBL OO always glad to hear good news thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2002, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Your welcome, now lets just hope they speed up production enough so I can get to use the car this winter to go up to the mountains in.
I can't wait to stick it into snow mode and actually be in the snow.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

ahhhhhhhhh im gonna die of anticipation, i had a supercharged S2k, but it got wreaked (long story, not my fault, dont ask ) in december and ive been waiting since then to get a new car ->EVO<-

is the Evo suppost to start delivery in Jan? or later

Last edited by Boosted; Jul 21, 2002 at 03:05 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

I was told dec/jan. Wih the world launch In spring 2003
Old Jul 21, 2002, 08:39 PM

Wink everyone just take a deep breath and relax

The Vegas meeting was not an announcement show for the EVO, but for the Outlander...it launches this fall. EVOLUTION information was very scarce, and details left vague for the sole purpose of keeping the project as competitive as possible..........just think for a moment

Do you want to pick up your new EVO and have a scuby verion on closer par ( we won't say superior) within 6 mos of launch?? A few months ago Mits was criticized for being a follower not a leader. This is a opportinity for Mits to not only be a leader but stay out there as the premier product performer. The enthusiam here is phenominal and should be bottled for certain engineers wearing coveralls!!

Yes I have seen the car, yes it is awesome, and you won't be too dissapointed..........but wait we must, and wait we will!

One more thing then off the soapbox: if over 90% of what is written in these threads here were true woudln't we all be happy? Lets concentrate on something positive............finding an insurance carrier that likes EVO's too!
Old Jul 21, 2002, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

true that. insurance is gonna rape me worse than car payments.
cool that everyone who's seen the car thinks it's phatty... even tho they're dealers, they'll have 0 prob selling, so i'm not gonna call them bull****ters.
i just frustratingly want a couple pictures. i'd be down for throwin in a deposit maybe but i've got lots of financing to worry about and there aren't any real solid numbers out. does this mean i'll wait till the cars are out and possibly miss out? no. i just need more time to get money worked out and new info soaked in.

plus, the most important thing, color i want pictures hehe.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Won't be too dissapointed? That means we will be a little disappointed, heh? Why don't you tell us what you know?
Subaru is going to get a chance to trump the Evo no matter what does...so just tell us the specs! It's well known that Subaru isn't going to bring the Sti until 6+ months after the Evo (if at all)...that is plenty of time to change things to try and make the Sub better no matter when Mitsubishi releases the info. If it is going to meet everyones expectations they better announce additional info soon or they'll continue to lose some sales. There are people buying/considering other cars for that very reason.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation Insurence

Hey does anyone know about how bad insurence will be for this car.I mean are we talking like Camero SS or Impreza WRX plus like 50bucks a month?
Also does anyone know of a good carrier in particular?
Old Jul 21, 2002, 11:51 PM

Thumbs up too dissapointed?

Won't be too dissapointed? That means we will be a little disappointed, heh? Why don't you tell us what you know?
Thats exactly why Mitsubishi didn't disclose stats and figures to its dealers..........yet Why should what confidential-information I know- be revaled to help Scuby engenieers (they read forums too).
Look, we are as excited as you are.......and we have to wait till the product is here.
Of course you find some dissapointment.........after being a part of this forum for so long who wouldn't be dissapointed thier "Dream Car" won't be fulfilled. My Dream is an AYC/ACD EVO achieving 320+ HP under 2500lbs.........'pop'

Oh Yah.......back to reality...... The car is amazing and the MAJORITY will not be dissapointed to the degree that they would purchase some other INFERIOR product.-period.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm...ok, will I be disappointed if I want 270hp, ACD, Brembos, Recaros, 6-speed, about 3000lbs...and have a price of 28-30k?
Old Jul 22, 2002, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't please everybody.

Of course you find some dissapointment.........after being a part of this forum for so long who wouldn't be dissapointed thier "Dream Car" won't be fulfilled. My Dream is an AYC/ACD EVO achieving 320+ HP under 2500lbs
...all for 26,000, with 0-0-0, or 0% for 60 months, or a good DOP rate.

I think, after reading this forum there are going to be a lot of people disapointed. There's no way they can please everybody and I get the feeling that a lot of people have unrealistic expectations of the vehicle to begin with. Mainly because most of us have no experience to draw upon. But that's okay. The car is going to have wicked success, and those that continue to hate and ***** about what they didn't/can't get on their EVO probably couldn't afford the car in the first place. And even if they can, it doesn't take a genuis to realize,if you've had any experiece modding a car, minor bits and pieces are easy to come by, and the company has already said Ralliart USA will be established along with the launch, so the sky is the limit when it somes to what you want your car to have.