Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Las Vegas Mitsu Meeting NEWS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2002, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok GPTourer, what info do you know? You said you were dropping off you GM but you haven't told us anything. You seem to think ALOT of us will be dissapointed while WIdealer seems to think the majority of us WON'T be dissapointed. All of you were quick to give us info from your "sources" before the dealer meeting but now none of you will give us the info you know straight from ?
Old Jul 22, 2002, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Figure of speech.

Ok GPTourer, what info do you know?
Actually, Freak beat me to it. He was actually at the meeting, so he got his stuff first hand. I just talked to my GM today (he just got back, they went to watch our racecar this weekend) and I don't have anymore to add over what Freak said. Most of the fanfare was over the Outlander
and Endeavor, the two SUV's. They showed the future Galant, Eclipse and Diamante and the pick-up. The EVO they showed was yellow, and was probably just a VII with the new front end stuck on (I'm guessing), and no specs were given out, other then the 255+, under 30K bit. The under 20K "Baby EVO" or OZ probably won't be a turbo, and is probably FWD. Not sure.

You seem to think ALOT of us will be dissapointed while WIdealer seems to think the majority of us WON'T be dissapointed.
I only meant that to the poeple that say ignorant things like "Mitsu's jerking us around" "Their losing sales because they won't spill the beans"
Okay so what, some people won't wait big deal, I still think they'll(we'll) sell everyone of them that we can get our hands on, regardless of who buys what between now and then, and I don't think posting specs before a car is finalized is a good idea, and they are obviously still working on it. I also think that some people just like to ***** no matter what, and no I'm not singling any of you out, and no matter how good the car is, if it is one iota less then the Eurospec car, or one penny more then they think it is supposed to be, then Mitsu will have failed in their eyes.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMEN. brother
Old Jul 23, 2002, 03:17 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GPTourer, is the 255+ a promise by mitsubishi at the meeting? They claimed over 250hp before. It's still targeted for sale during Dec-Jan? I see your point but it'll be nice if they told us if they are going to use a 6-speed or 5-speed. Are they going to call it an evo8 with the new bumper? Did your GM notice if the intercooler was maintained around the same size?
Old Jul 23, 2002, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Sun and Sound Package? or DE?

is the 255+ a promise by mitsubishi at the meeting
I think the way he worded it was around 260. But again, I got all this second hand, I don't consider it gospel.

Are they going to call it an evo8 with the new bumper? Did your GM notice if the intercooler was maintained around the same size?
My informed opinion on this is that they are just going to call it "Evolution", no number. It wouldn't make sense to potential American buyers unfamiliar with the car to suddenly have the 8th version of car they've never heard of before. That'd be almost as comical as that old Cosby flick "Leonard Part Six" or Leslie Nielsen's "Naked Gun 33 1/3"
Nothing about transmissions. He did see the intercooler in its FMIC glory, but he didn't get close enough to it to break out his tape measure.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

The range.

I think the way he worded it was around 260
Sorry about that, he said that THEY said: "between 250 and 275"
Still pretty nebulous, but it is coming.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 11:17 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
y informed opinion on this is that they are just going to call it "Evolution", no number. It wouldn't make sense to potential
I see your point but most people who is going to order the car knows about evo's especially those who played GT3 on the playstation or Rally fans on speedvision.

I really don't know if evo's are OBDII but i hope the car is easy to tune so nothing matters. I'm glad to hear 255+ . That sounds like the untouched JDM engine with U.S. emissions cork.

By the way did you get a chance to see if they have red brembos as promised? Seats and etc are secondary compared to the FMIC space and engine. I really hope that what they said about changing only the things that pass us regulation is true. And everythign intacked is promised.

Thanks for the info and keep us updated.