Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I have a dust problem......

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check the cabin filter, if all else doesn't work i guess u'll have to do some custom filtering or something, how do rally cars prevent this from happening?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish i knew...
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by importmachine
check the cabin filter, if all else doesn't work i guess u'll have to do some custom filtering or something, how do rally cars prevent this from happening?
I believe that is what the vent on the roof is for on Rally Cars, to create pressure in the cabin so it doesn't flood with dust while driving. I think there was a video posted here somewhere of what happens when that vent fails, caused the driver to crash because he couldn't see from all of the dust flooding the cabin.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

^that is actually a good idea, and i actually wonder if thats what its for... seems like it would work.

op i dont think you are having a sealing issue or any issue that any of us would have if they lived somewhere like you or i. i say that because i too have the same problem because i live on a mile long gravel road. so i know your pains. i cant wash my car and drive up my road without it being dirty again. pretty much sucks *****. if im not mistaken inside the trunk behind your panels their is an opening on both sides that leads to the ouside bumper. this is where your dust is more than likely coming from. i have gutted my trunk and it is filthy and it seems when i drive down my road with all the windows DOWN it gets less dusty because it can go out the windows before settling. with the windows up the dust seems to come from the back and rise up like you described from the floor and passenger side.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

I kind of like the idea of a roof scoop, I think it might be kind of cool looking, and Evo with a little old school MR2, I wonder how it would work out? but it might get the job done. Forcing the air into the car and pushing the dust out, I'm kind of intrigued. I think I'm going to have to do a little more research on my issue and make a decision from there. Might have to get a super fine filter that I can get into the cabin filter spot. to do to do........
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Check for where you wiring harness goes into the vehicle on the pass side under the fender liner. Any holes driller for harness to run or boost gauge fill holes with silcone rtv. You can check seals by placing blue tap over you body lines and see if it helps. Pull up the carper and check that all body plugs are in there place .
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:38 PM

What about the vents in the trunk? I believe there is also vents in the cabin somewhere as well. Both to relieve pressure when you close the doors/trunk.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

You said its coming from under the passenger seat, there is a grommet for the rear o2 there. Do you have a wide and and remove the grommet?