Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What Factors influence your performance parts purchase?
Exposure on EvoM Banners/Posts/Forums
48.48%
Past non Evo Reputation
15.15%
Magazine Reviews/ Articles/Advertisements
18.18%
Track/ Street Notoriety
12.12%
JDM Only
6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What factors influenced your Aftermarket Performance Parts purchasing decisions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:55 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poll: What factors influenced your Aftermarket Performance Parts purchasing decisions

Vendors also welcome to participate if they think one factor influences their sales. This is a friendly info gathering not a whose better.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Personally, for me, I use this forum as a place to gather information about vendors and their products. If I'm interested in a vendor then I attempt to contact them using one of the communication channels listed on their website or advertisements & postings here. If I can't contact them via e-mail or phone and get some sort of timely response within one business day, I write them off as a vendor. I figure their support will suck if they can't answer the phone, check their voice mail before it overloads or respond via e-mail.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 01:43 PM

I totally agree w/ you Propellerhead if the vendor doesn't call or e-mail back within 24 hours, Find someone else!!!!! Emil @ Renn-art.com has the best customer service.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

I wanted the best not-overpriced stuff. I didn't want the JDM crap that everyone likes to drop $$$ on for a stupid HKS or GReddy badge.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

The two biggest things for me are quality, and service. I am much more willing to wait a little longer so I can save to get a more expensive item if I'm getting what I pay for. I've ordered from two companies, [prayer]the names of which I won't reveal so as not to start a flame[/prayer]. Both of them have provied excellent before and after sale customer service, quailty of products sold and tuning knowledge is top notch. Things like that will always earn repeat business in my book!
Old Jan 24, 2004, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Best performance for the price, of course.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 08:44 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MP5, are you referring to vendors or parts?

For vendors, service and reputation are probably most important. It's all well and good to have the lowest prices, but if your customer service is poor, you can't answer questions effectively, and you can't deliver what you promise, when you promise, why would anyone want to buy from you?

If it's parts, quality is by far the overriding factor; I'm willing to wait 3 months and pay more for the highest quality, best performing pieces for my Evolution. It doesn't necessarily mean buying Japanese, because there are quite a few US-side tuners that make great parts, and you can make a bad part in any country. It just means doing your research, which is why the forums are such a good idea, because it brings together people that have expertise and pools everyone's experience.
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jan 24, 2004, 09:08 AM

Who answers the phone...
Old Jan 24, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by metaphysical
Who answers the phone...
Listen up Works