Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

what exhaust for daily driving (I HATE DRONE !) [MERGE]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what exhaust for daily driving (I HATE DRONE !) [MERGE]

First of all I just want to say that I have searched this topic and have only found 1 thread and it wasnt very helpful at all lol. I'm just looking to get some opinions on a good exhaust for daily driving. I do a lot of highway driving and I definitely dont want to have ANY drone AT ALL. Also, I would like something thats not too loud. I have a downpipe and a resonated test pipe already so I'm just looking for a good catback. I've heard that the buschur cat back w/ magnaflow muffler isnt loud and doesnt drone but I havent been in a car that has one so I cant confirm this. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.
Old May 1, 2012, 09:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Road Race Engineering Stealth catback. Almost as quiet as stock...flows just as well as any other catback...

I've have mine for 3 years...never a drone (and my commute is 70 miles round trip).

I would guess they can ship to Florida:
http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/
Old May 1, 2012, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 on the RRE stealth
I just swapped out my HKS carbon-Ti for the RRE and what a difference it made. It's quiet for me and I have a catless test pipe and downpipe. With a resonated test pipe or high flow cat it will sound almost stock and no drone.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:18 AM

My ralliart exhaust on my VII sounds great, no drone at all just a nice aggressive tone thats not too loud. Not sure about the power gain/loss as compared to RRE or Burshers tho.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My GReddy Ti isnt too loud at all for daily driving. Has a sound too it, of course, but nothing annoying.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mistaken
My GReddy Ti isnt too loud at all for daily driving. Has a sound too it, of course, but nothing annoying.
I dunno man, I have that exhaust and it's pretty loud. Drones a bit too at certain RPMs. Sometimes I wear earplugs if I have all my windows down becuase my ears ring if I dont. I love the sound though
Old May 1, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Well I also want to steer away from the typical canister style exhaust and that's another reason I liked the buschur exhaust since the tip looks like an OEM muffler. I know you can still see the canister from behind the car but I just like the extra piping and the tip look. It sounds great in all the YouTube clips but I would like to get some feedback from someone that actually has one lol
Old May 1, 2012, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

You can try a downpipe with an electronic cutout mated to your stock catback. Quiet as stock under normal driving, noise and power when you want to hoon.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:57 AM

tanabe medallion touring
Old May 1, 2012, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

I was thinking about that but I don't have a stock exhaust so I would have to buy one plus a test pipe or hfc plus buying the qtp downpipe lol. So buying a quiteish catback will be cheaper
Old May 1, 2012, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramonski
Well I also want to steer away from the typical canister style exhaust and that's another reason I liked the buschur exhaust since the tip looks like an OEM muffler. I know you can still see the canister from behind the car but I just like the extra piping and the tip look. It sounds great in all the YouTube clips but I would like to get some feedback from someone that actually has one lol
I had the Buschur Magnaflow with HFC for 5 years adn loved the sound. Last week I swapped the muffler out for an SD muffler because I got a JDM rear to install and the magnaflow was just to big for that bumper. The magnaflow had a really good sound and didn't drone much, if at all, compared to my SD muffler which sounds great but obviously drones pretty bad, LOL
Old May 1, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like you already set BR exhaust in your mind. Get it, if its too loud for you add resonator.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

The Buschur TBE with HFC/Magnaflow is a great DD exhaust. It is very lightweight, well priced, and has a very mellow tone with no drone

I eventually got sick of the quietness, and gutted the cat.
A catalytic converter makes all the difference in terms of noise/drone.

With that said, I will never install a cat in mine again! :-)
Old May 1, 2012, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nirvancol
I dunno man, I have that exhaust and it's pretty loud. Drones a bit too at certain RPMs. Sometimes I wear earplugs if I have all my windows down becuase my ears ring if I dont. I love the sound though
Hmmmm... Maybe im going deaf.
Old May 1, 2012, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Does the buschur exhaust have any drone at higher speeds? Like on the highway?

Quick Reply: what exhaust for daily driving (I HATE DRONE !) [MERGE]