Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone have racer X sponsorship?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did it with my wrx its a load of bull**** i promise, they make you pay some insane prices on some not so insane parts...... trust me.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

i need to start sponsoring people.i'd be rich
Old Apr 7, 2004, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

IMO, what they offer, you can pretty much get from anyone. I looked at their contract etc...when they first started coming out in the mags. If you buy all your parts from one vendor they will usually hook you up, so why would you need these guys.

If your sponsored for $5K, once they give you $5K in discounts like if you buy an exhaust for $600 and retail was $675 well now you have $4925 left of your sponsorship...LOL so they are really not sponsoring you, you are just buying parts from them at a slightly discounted rate (they still make their money) and you dont get a better deal if any.

Sorry to sound so negative, but in NO way should it be called sponsorship. Once again IMO
Old Apr 7, 2004, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Evil EV0
IMO, what they offer, you can pretty much get from anyone. I looked at their contract etc...when they first started coming out in the mags. If you buy all your parts from one vendor they will usually hook you up, so why would you need these guys.

If your sponsored for $5K, once they give you $5K in discounts like if you buy an exhaust for $600 and retail was $675 well now you have $4925 left of your sponsorship...LOL so they are really not sponsoring you, you are just buying parts from them at a slightly discounted rate (they still make their money) and you dont get a better deal if any.

Sorry to sound so negative, but in NO way should it be called sponsorship. Once again IMO
Also, the fact that there are BOARDS ON THE WINDOW OF THEIR SHOP makes me a little wary of their "sponsorship."
Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Exaaaaaaaactly what MrBonus said. They(RacerX) are scammers.

Side note, Bonus, your cars sounds nice bro. Heard you as I was coming out of Starbucks yesterday morning.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 02:28 PM

Scam...I'm sponsored by sport compact pro. Parts are cheaper else where.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 01:08 AM

they are a scam...i got scammed sadly
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

yeeaa. i got the email the other day! we have chose you and your car to be sponsored for the 04-05 season with a contract in value of $12K..... so its a scam huh?? why would major mags put their articles in their pages! i saw it in ImportTuner and did it...