Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone have racer X sponsorship?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question anyone have racer X sponsorship?

i recently got accepted for a $12,000 sponsorship with racer x motorsports and have wondering if anyone else got them. the guys i was talking to said that they wanted to get evos so for anyone on the forums with an evo i suggest that you go to their web site and fill out the form.

-Steve
Old Jan 23, 2004, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

I do I do I do I do I do I do I do I do!!!!!!
Right Huuurrrrrree
Old Jan 23, 2004, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Scam!
Old Jan 23, 2004, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Why do you think it's a scam?
Old Jan 23, 2004, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

john shepard has the sponsorship
Old Jan 23, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

They're a scam.

There shop actually used to be up the road from my office. I went by there the other day and their windows were BOARDED UP. I wouldn't waste my time. Do a search on the Lancer boards; they accept everyone.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

i think it was u pay for the parts using their dealer discounts. and u get $12k of parts discounted. not $12grand of parts they buy for you.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

if its too good to be true...
Old Jan 23, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

It's a scam ..........I should know they scammed me and alot more people too:

Check out this site

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...+x+sponsorship
Old Jan 24, 2004, 05:24 AM

Exclamation hope this helps.

I am actually "sponsored" by Racer X Motorsports. Well that is what they call it. I got signed up with them last year, thinking that they were a parts sponsor. You actually only get a determined amount of money in discounts. They will not help you in any way. It took them 9 months to get me some lame sticker and a poorly written copy of their contract.

They have a nice list of vendors, but they are not any cheaper than anywhere else. In the sponsorship papers they say you can get discounts "up to" 52% off, but actually you only get that on certain parts, i.e., spark plugs and little things like that. The rest of the discounts are around 28% off of your more expensive items like clutches, flywheels, AFC's, etc.

You will just waste the $79 application fee.

I actually called their bluff and asked them about the extent of their sponsorship. By the end of the conversation I had the guy on the other end of the line telling me that he just worked there and he had no idea why the sponsorship was written the way it was.

So, to get to the point. Save yourself a migraine or two and forget you ever heard of "Racer X Motorsports" and look for a sponsor that will actually help you in your motorsports ventures.

Hope this helps you in making the right decision. Remember that a bad sponsor can actually hurt you, not help you.
Old Mar 29, 2004, 06:30 AM

**** !!! i just got the contract in the mail. so what you are telling me is that i wasted $80 on crap. damn... sux to be ME. i wish i would have seen this thread earlier.
Old Mar 29, 2004, 09:55 AM

me too i just got mine the other day, it is now sport compact pro
Old Mar 29, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Why would anyone pay to fill out a sponsorship application? That just screams scam from a mile...

SC~
Old Mar 30, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
Why would anyone pay to fill out a sponsorship application? That just screams scam from a mile...

SC~
so true, you should not have to pay to get started in anything like this (ie. modeling, being a musician, actor, etc.).
Old Apr 5, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

I am actually a good friend with the owner of Racer X/ Sport Compact Pro. I don't work with him but any questions you have please ask so I can try to help you guys out. The only reason they moved from there old location was because they got an incredible deal as far as rent goes in another part of Wilmington. Both of the companies still exist, both are doing well both are owned by the same guy. He had alot of personnel problems when he started so getting off the ground ended up being a major problem. These guys are good guys I promise, his prices are pretty damn good as far as I've seen compared to other vendors. Once again I do not work for them so please no flaming but if you have a problem I will try to relay it and get it rectified for you. If you need anything for your car send me a pm, I would be more than happy to to put you in contact with them.

Shane