Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

extened warranty/service contract

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile extened warranty/service contract

I was at the dealer buying my wife a lancer cause I won't let her drive the evo. When we were in the finance office I asked about canceling my extened warranty/service contract. He said no problem may I ask why though. I explained that I been reading about all the warranty problems with mitsu.When he told me that my contract was not through mitsu. Therefore they have nothing to do with my warranty claims. So I said then if I want I can go to any Independant repair facility I want? He says you sure can. WE Know the warranty thru mitisu sucks thats why we push the extened/service contract.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, but Mitsu covers the first 3 years and 36k miles. Beyond that an independent company may cover it.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anything goes wrong with the power train in the first 5 years/50,000 miles they are going to expect you to get it repaired by Mitsubishi....you extended warranty only goes into effect when the factory warranty expires.

Keith
Old Jan 24, 2004, 09:42 AM

thx for the replies fellas