Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AMS vs. Buschur Motors

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There are more reputable shops that can build you a motor. I would recommend English Racing or MAP. You don't have to deal with the price tag or the attitude that comes with the two companies mentioned.
Old May 16, 2012, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAP= great great customer service ,good pricing, great quality , oh and no attitude ...
Old May 16, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
Next time you go to McDonald's carry in your own hamburger, toppings and bun and ask them to make it for you
Beat me to it.

Old May 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Dave's been building these motors for 20+ yrs. That's good enough reason for me to go to BR when the time comes...
Old May 16, 2012, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

I have nothing but good things to say about my recent dealings with David and Jrod. A lot of the people who complain about Buschur seem to stem from " I wanted this done X way with Y parts and he said no".

Aside from picking a 2.3RPM instead of the standard 2.3 and going with a 6466 when the HTA86 was unavailable I just kind of said I want my car to do X and let them do their thing.

Originally Posted by David Buschur
Next time you go to McDonald's carry in your own hamburger, toppings and bun and ask them to make it for you

Actually, that's totally a sig worth quote.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
They choose specific brands because they know they will work. At least thats what I assume. Why would they risk their reputation by putting their stamp of approval on parts the customer picked out via Google/Evom FS - Used Parts?
Old May 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Lol at Mr. Buschur's reply and i completely agree with what everyone else said. Buschur have tested and they know what works in their engines for optimum performance.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

I couldn't imagine going to any other company but Buschur Racing. Their experience and knowledge is enough reason for me. The reliability of his 600-700 whp daily driven 9 sec race engines are absolutely ridiculous.

I've never dealt with AMS so I can't speak of them.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:11 AM

Both are good companies with very good products and services. I plan on buying parts from both companies when it comes to start modifying my car.
Old May 17, 2012, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

i would think the ams 2.3rr would rev higher more safely than the br2.3rpm. it has a shorter stroke, lighter crank and rotating assembly. i haven't heard of either motor ever failing. that being said it makes absolutely no sense what so ever to spend almost twice as much money on the ams motor.
Old May 17, 2012, 02:46 AM

That comment about Buschur not wrenching on DSMs is untrue. I still have the email in which all i did was ask David Buschur himself about having my car fully built, and he responded within 24hrs with a price listing of everything i would need in order to have it done.
Old May 17, 2012, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would any company want to use customer purchased parts (used or not) instead of a tried and true combo that they have R and D'd to death.

Buschur/AMS/Put your fave shop here puts your motor together with your parts and something fails......your going to expect him to fix it for free right.

So now he has to rebuild a motor for free and his reputation takes a hit. I don't blame him for not using customer supplied parts. If you are going to be the best you are going to use what you know works. And I would think BR's history, rep and experience would count for a lot more then most.

People mistake good/confidence for arrogance. His attitude stems from people questioning his experience. I'd catch an attitude if a customer thought they knew how to fix a server and tried to tell me how to do my job.
Old May 17, 2012, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

good info how does the BR 2.0 tie into this ?
Old May 17, 2012, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Both build BEASTS, there is a reason why you know both of them. Their reputation supercedes them. Like it was said, with Buschur you know who builld your engine. Cant say the same for AMS. With Buschur you know he is still in the Evo game, with AMS you can say they are moving on to greener pastures. All that said, my AMS 2.3 has over 15k miles at 32psi with no problems from the engine. It was completely assembled by them.
Old May 17, 2012, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

AMS continues to set the benchmark and Martin Musial is a mechanical engineer

Quick Reply: AMS vs. Buschur Motors