Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AMS vs. Buschur Motors

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i still think AMS would do a much better job the buschur. if you didnt nickle n dime you project to death n actually use good quality parts i think you would get a much better quality build from AMS. their attention to detail is bar none the best ive ever seen and they do back their work also... im willing to bet if they had stayed in the evo game n continued to R & D new parts n refine some ideas/designs they would still be #1 in the evo game.
Old May 18, 2012, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by foxbear2277
Agreed that all three shops are GREAT!!
I never even knew English Racing built motors until Michael from ETS mentioned them to me, which was already too late to even consider. They tunned me off too cause no mention of engine builds were on the website, they should seriously advertise!! After some research I found they build dirty motors and do dirty builds too! Aaron is a great solid guy to talk to and deal with (ordered other parts previously)
you seriously need to learn to read its been on their Web site for as long as i can remember. and about the dirty engine builds? i highly doubt it but you may know more then me.. here is their info straight off their web site. they are going to be building me a 2.0L aluminum rod motor here very soon...

English Racing Services
Shop Rate $85/hr.
Tuning

Here at English Racing we have been tuning high performance turbo cars since 2001, with full EVO 1g 2g DSM data logging in house. We can also tune most any import OBDII car. We have a very good understanding of what breaks a motor and what does not. We have also started tuning E85 and have the fastest full weight street trim stock turbo EVO in the US for 2007 with 11.2@122 and has made 431whp on a Dyno Jet and now the fastest for 2008 with a 10.9@126 with 506whp on a Dyno Jet with stock turbo.

Systems we have comprehensive tuning experience with:

AEM EMS (1117whp EVO, 645 pump/meth EVO and many others.)
EVO ECU Flashing (830whp on stock ECU, includes E-Flashing and SD)
DSM link V2 and V3 including Speed Density
MAFT
MAFT PRO
Greddy Emanage (Blue and Ultimate)
SAFC
Chrome Honda tuning
Hondata tuning
AEM FIC

We are also capable of learning and tuning most any systems if we have the right tools.
Diagnostics and Troubleshooting

English Racing can Troubleshoot and Diagnose most any problem you may have. With our many years in performance tuning and racing it gives us the edge over most normal auto shops in knowing what problems are caused by and not just throwing parts at it. Our main specialty is DSM, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Honda/Acura, and Toyota. These are the cars we race and drive so we have many spare parts and knowledge of these cars which makes us very efficient in solving problems for you the customer.
Repair and High Performance Parts Installation

English Racing is capable of most any repair or parts install you may need. From motor swaps, engine rebuilds, clutches, turbo upgrades or replacement, timing belts, water pumps, ECU repair, mandrel bent exhaust systems, FMIC installs, transmission rebuilds and upgrades; 30k, 60k, or 90k services and anything else you can think of that could be fixed or repaired.

Turbo Diesel Performance

English Racing is capable of your diesel truck needs. At this point and time we will only take on 1day style jobs on large trucks such as gauges, chips, intakes, exhaust systems, transmission valve bodies, turbo upgrades, 6.5 GM TD cooling mods and any other small jobs you can think of.

Our shop is on the small side so we do not have room to store larger trucks for major jobs such as head gaskets, motor or transmission pulls. I will update you as soon as we move into our larger shop.
1G, 2G DSM and Evoluton Transmission Rebuilds

DSM Transmission Rebuilds starting at $900

Many upgrade options available from stock to full race.

Here at English Racing we have been racing AWD DSMs and Evos since 2000 and have been building our own transmissions since 2003. We have done 100s of transmission rebuilds now. We stock all parts needed for a full rebuild. If you have a car that you can't have much down time we have transmissions ready to go so we can exchange yours to save down time.

We have many street cars with our transmissions running in the low 10s with 500-1100whp. I feel our transmissions hold up quite well. Our cars have had 1000s 1/4mi passes with lots of street abuse. If a shop tells you their race transmission will never break they are not telling you the truth.
Old May 18, 2012, 04:46 PM

I havent edited the thread at all and I dont know if the mods did but the purpose of this thread was to simply answer my question between AMS and Buschur motor builds and thats it.

NOT to have j**koffs like the two below comment on anything like what I have quoted below.

I seriously dont know why a simple question has to always turn into a B***h fest on here with people insulting each other which is just completely uncalled for.

I did NOT ask about anyones experience with any company, nor did I mention any other company besides AMS and Buschur.

The idiots of Evom strike again...

Originally Posted by djikonatx
MAP= great great customer service ,good pricing, great quality , oh and no attitude ...
Originally Posted by boosted90
I don't really like Buschur just the way he carries himself about certain situations, but that don't change that he builds some crazy motors and does back his work. Obviously the knowledge is there and experience. I would still go with Buschur for a motor build.

AMS went to GTR because that's where the money is. Yeah, they will still mess with Evo's and all but money is in the GTR business.
Old May 18, 2012, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brand Loyalty.
Hate.
Love.

These types of comparison threads always descend into this type pissing contest.

Its not just evom. Ever car/bike forum I've been on is like this.
Old May 18, 2012, 05:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by DEBAUCHERY
I havent edited the thread at all and I dont know if the mods did but the purpose of this thread was to simply answer my question between AMS and Buschur motor builds and thats it.

NOT to have j**koffs like the two below comment on anything like what I have quoted below.

I seriously dont know why a simple question has to always turn into a B***h fest on here with people insulting each other which is just completely uncalled for.

I did NOT ask about anyones experience with any company, nor did I mention any other company besides AMS and Buschur.

The idiots of Evom strike again...
I wouldn't say its the idiots of evom that strike I would say its the idiot who posted it and was not clear about what he wanted to post. Why don't you see a ton of guys run AMS crate motors? Look at the price on them, you can buy a new evo for that. Is it worth it? Sure. Is Davids motor a bit cheaper? You bet it is and he does an excellent job making sure everything is there and properly done. So my advice to you is if your gonna ask a question like this don't compair the 2 because either way you go, you can't go wrong.
Old May 18, 2012, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Either of these shops, based on the many reviews on this forum, seem more than capable of building an excellent motor for you, I think it is more a matter of preference
Old May 18, 2012, 06:46 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This thread has great potential for...... Fail. Choose the builder you want, there are many. You can have the best for a price. Closed.....