Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fp Evo flow advancement Port cover

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nevermind once a again I answeared my own Q, I read from mellon racing how to adjust preload thanks ill post pics later on.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 04:26 AM
Account Disabled

glad to hear that was helpful to you...we've fixed quite a few lazy spooling low tq cars with that trick.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

so has this been working for you (are you getting more power then stock, is there any issues) I just ordered one but have been seeing different reviews
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The FP covers for the stock IX turbo are awesome. If you are on pump gas, I think you will see some more power/torque. If you are on a maxed out e85/race gas setup, your gains will be very small. The main reason to buy this thing is for the sound.

I have seen dyno sheets where this thing helps out in the mid/top range, however on my car running e85 I saw 0 gains. I did get a kick *** Anit surge cover sound and I can run a much larger intake.

Here is a video with my exhaust and the FP Cover, not sure if you can hear the cover very much.

Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I still havent driven the evo since I installed it because I accidentally punctured the radiator , I bought a new from 1800radiator and Im supposed to get it today.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheBoz
The FP covers for the stock IX turbo are awesome. If you are on pump gas, I think you will see some more power/torque. If you are on a maxed out e85/race gas setup, your gains will be very small. The main reason to buy this thing is for the sound.

I have seen dyno sheets where this thing helps out in the mid/top range, however on my car running e85 I saw 0 gains. I did get a kick *** Anit surge cover sound and I can run a much larger intake.

Here is a video with my exhaust and the FP Cover, not sure if you can hear the cover very much.
Thanks I already paid for it so ill most likely throw it on, I dont plan or running race gas or e85 yet so I guess this will do to get a few more hp out of this turbo
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am running one of these. The biggest thing for me is the sound. It will make your car sound like it is running a 35r. The anti surge covers just sound bad ***.
Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
Really excited to hear what it sounds like. Upload some video of it if you get bored! I'd love to hear it before.
Originally Posted by High_PSI
You will love the sound.
The FP covers for the stock IX turbo are awesome. The main reason to buy this thing is for the sound.
I see that everyone likes how these jokers sound.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

It sounds pretty dope and I would say just a tad better throttle(spool) response.