Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fp Evo flow advancement Port cover

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fp Evo flow advancement Port cover

Just a quick question i was looking at Fp and they have the covers 84mm for fp turbos and stock 9's would there be any gains in swaping one these 84mm flow covers ?
Old May 28, 2012, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

I answeared my own Q

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-cover-2.html
Old May 28, 2012, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

I almost got one of these for my BBK Full, then I read Chad saying it will void the warranty. :
Old May 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I am running one of these. The biggest thing for me is the sound. It will make your car sound like it is running a 35r. The anti surge covers just sound bad ***. Outside of that, on pump gas I think you can see some hp/tq from it, on E85 your results will not be that impressive.

So if you already have the turbo out of the car I would say do it, if you are going to need to remove the turbo for this mod dont waste your time.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheBoz
I am running one of these. The biggest thing for me is the sound. It will make your car sound like it is running a 35r. The anti surge covers just sound bad ***. Outside of that, on pump gas I think you can see some hp/tq from it, on E85 your results will not be that impressive.

So if you already have the turbo out of the car I would say do it, if you are going to need to remove the turbo for this mod dont waste your time.
I'm going with the 71hta with the flow advancement port cover. Really excited to hear what it sounds like. Upload some video of it if you get bored! I'd love to hear it before.
Old May 28, 2012, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You will love the sound use a HKS Intake for the most power.
Old May 28, 2012, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheBoz

Do i need to remove the turbo or it can be done without removing it ? If I have to take it out ill take it out but if i dont have to ill just do it.
Old May 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Wich is harder this or installing a o2 dump ? For the o2 dump i didnt took anything out and it was pretty easy, i know i need to remove the snap ring, lower pipe, intake and giggle it out
Old May 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Because of the coolant and oil lines and access to the snap ring is limited, I had to remove the turbo to install the FP anti surge cover. So I would recommend that you pull the turbo to install this mod. However if you have some yoda skillz you might be able to do it with the turbo on the car.
Old May 28, 2012, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Haha yoda skills alright well Ill see how the snap ring is if i have to take the turbo out so be it ill do it, one more Q whats the differene between the white, green and red covers wich one should i order the white ?
Old May 28, 2012, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Arent they based on the 9 turbo being the same other than 73hta green
Old May 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

It looks like the do not have the Anti surge cover for the Stock IX Turbo on the FP website. You might want to call FP to verify which cover you need.
Old May 29, 2012, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Well turns out they dont have it on their website and i thought it was the same as the bbk since its also based on the ix, i guess the inducer and exducer are bigger or something anyways i gave them a call and they do have them! Ill be placing the order tomorrow an well see how the installation goes.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Well I finally did it! it took me like 6hrs and like TheBoz said i had to take the damn turbo out which is not hard at all but the damn snap ring is a pita I broke 2 snap ring pliers one from Autozone and 1 from Oreillys so if youre gonna do it buy some heavy duty ones from craftsman, matco, etc the second thing was the oil drain line take it all out from the oil pan not from the turbo took me like an hr to figure it out that i couldnt put it back together from the turbo, anyways now i have a problem the wastegate is opened and since I have a dump its loud I must of left it opened when i changed the housing, how can i fix it now ? can i just unbolt the WG from the pin and make a turn to close it.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Or do I need to adjust it from the wastegate cause as far as i know its got a stock wastegate and boost is controlled from a mbc to 22psi.

Quick Reply: Fp Evo flow advancement Port cover