Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking for someone to run Car history?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for someone to run Car history?

i tried looking around, but really found nothing on here that said anyone could look it up. It would be awesome if someone could look it up for me, i just dont want to pay for it and realize i dont want it.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 posts and you are asking for a free carfax? Go sign up at autocheck.com and you can run as many as you want for $45...
Old Jun 1, 2012, 01:42 PM

f&ck me for asking a question mr. 31, you might as well run this show...and if you want to dick measure, your lacking on your points and level, whatever the f&ck that means.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saying if you can't afford the $40 to check a car's history you probably shouldn't buy it Good luck
Old Jun 1, 2012, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
33 Posts and you're responding like a DICK member... Just saying...

Ministroker214, if I could I would ....I'm sure someone other Mr. 33 Post will help you out.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Unless someone has internal connections I highly doubt you will get it for free... Plus if the info is that important (which I believe it is) Then its worth the money I wish you luck on your journey for free hookups but its highly unlikely...
Old Jun 1, 2012, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ministroker214
f&ck me for asking a question mr. 31, you might as well run this show...and if you want to dick measure, your lacking on your points and level, whatever the f&ck that means.
win!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 02:07 PM

Dont some people pay monthly fees for carfax or yearly rather than paying per carfax? I think thats why hes asking-- I could be wrong, they might just do so many checks for certain fee.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

If you want a carfax it's $15 bucks.lmk.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

If you are concerned about spending a little money on background check then I would look a little further into the cost of running an EVO if I were you.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by andyct9w
if you are concerned about spending a little money on background check then i would look a little further into the cost of running an evo if i were you.
+1
Old Jun 2, 2012, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
If you are concerned about spending a little money on background check then I would look a little further into the cost of running an EVO if I were you.
+2
Evos are not cheap to maintain at all
Old Jun 2, 2012, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another solution to a vehicle history check is if you have a mechanic friend, or a trusted mechanic at the least, ask them to come and take a look at the car with you. Tell them you'll buy them a 6-pack for their trouble. Usually the skilled eye of a good mechanic is better than a report filled by a desk clerk about accident & up keep history.

+3 what was said above. I was lucky to get a warranty with mine and it has more than paid for itself 3x

Good luck on your search.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ReaperX
Another solution to a vehicle history check is if you have a mechanic friend, or a trusted mechanic at the least, ask them to come and take a look at the car with you. Tell them you'll buy them a 6-pack for their trouble. Usually the skilled eye of a good mechanic is better than a report filled by a desk clerk about accident & up keep history.

+3 what was said above. I was lucky to get a warranty with mine and it has more than paid for itself 3x

Good luck on your search.
I agree that bringing a mechanic is a great idea that should happen no matter what... But a machanic cant tell you if kms were tampered with or that the vehicle has been written off or branded and what not...

I advise people to always bring a mechanic when looking to buy a vehicle, good practice that can save you tons of cash

i am a mechanic and have saved lots of friends from horror storries... The last one was my gf who i told to get a vehicle report on a mazda 3 that looked clean and had no mechanical issues at all. Odometer read 186,090 kms and was being sold at those kms but vehicle report showed vehicle actially had 360,570 kms. What a save that was to get that report...
Old Jun 2, 2012, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This thread is ridiculous.

Not wanting to pay for a Carfax has absolutely nothing to do with how "cheap" the potential buyer is.

Nearly every other forum I'm on has a sticky for a guy that has a membership that helps out the forum members by getting them reports on cars for free. Not wanting to spend $45 for a subscription to see Carfax Reports isn't that unheard of.

After all, if you are all *****ing about how cheap Ministroker is, where are your subscriptions?

Quick Reply: Looking for someone to run Car history?