Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Has anyone ever attempted?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that lotus got wrecked btw. Some random guy just rammed it on the street. It only takes one careless moron to ruin a work of art with endless time/money/love put into it
Old Jun 5, 2012, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

a lot of guys run intercoolers after the second turbo and spray meth or nitrous after the first. Those chemicals do most of their cooling during the combustion process but do help to cool the air charge.

of course you don't want to spray much and you want good atomization because it will be going straight into the next turbo.

the other thing about heat is that the turbos are multiplying their pressure ratios together so you can run two good turbos 40-50 psi manifold pressure and be right inside their highest efficiency. So its not like just taking the heat and doubling it. IN fact if you run high enough psi you'll get less heat from a compound set up.

Picking the combo that suits your needs is key and it is much harder than choosing a single turbo, it is very much a trial and error thing even after you've done a lot of math.

I have a VERY good idea of what I would do for a set up on paper though I have no idea what the real world might bring. I'd do it hands down if I had more free'd up money and only my evo as a project car... some day
Old Jun 5, 2012, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Cost/preformance benefit vs a twin-scoll turbo set up seems a bit high.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by akauf
that lotus got wrecked btw. Some random guy just rammed it on the street. It only takes one careless moron to ruin a work of art with endless time/money/love put into it
Didn't know that. Haters will be haters. And That's the only way they would catch that thing at a dead stop and had to be parked
Old Jun 6, 2012, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by akauf
pretty sad. Lame DB porsche driver.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:17 AM

as said before its been done, its just not practical overall.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Cost/preformance benefit vs a twin-scoll turbo set up seems a bit high.
bump from the dead.

I'm working on putting a set up together for my car. I'm looking to do twin scroll AND compound. havent settled on what turbos to run and many other things.

Found some reading material on sizing compound turbos and running compounds on compression ignition motors vs spark ignition motors with an excerpt on alternative fuels.

we'll see what happens