Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oil Change At 36 Miles.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Change At 36 Miles.

Hello everyone,

my car's (service engine soon light) have just pop up. my car is stock and it have done 36 miles till date. My car's last major service was done at 25 miles.

i leave in UAE DUBAI, holding an US spec evo 9 SE. as most of you know the weather is really hot in here.

Transmission: 5-speed

i dont know what oil i will go for this time i m planing to put ( Castrol Edge Sport 10W-60 or 10W-50 fully synthetic) for the engine!plz advice

Transmission: Red line MT 90 GL-4 75W 90? OR Valvoline® High Performance Gear Oil 80w 90 or the Dia queen ? plz advise for the best.

t-case and rear deff for sure i will use diq queen. but i dont know how many GL i will b needing for it. plz advice!

and so far car is 36 miles do i need to change any thing else ???? give me ur 5 min guys and it will be big help for me and my car.

Last edited by the lambo kille; Jun 15, 2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you seriously mean 25 and 36miles.. or 25,000 and 36,000 miles?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

I recommend Mobile 1 full syn or Brad Penn full syn with a Bosch filter for the engine, Amsoil MTG in the trans and DiaQueen in the tcase and rear end.

Take it to Autozone if you need to, have them scan the codes and research what they are. My CEL has been on since day 1, I test drove my car and the light was off, I started my 1,400mi trip home and about an hour into the drive my light came on and has been on ever since. Granted it's for different reasons now, it was saying engine misfire for the first 3 years I owned it stock.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:13 AM

I dont know that they have an autozone in Dubai bro. As far as oil, I run factory fill mobil 1 full synthetic 10w-30. Drivetrain I run amsoil mtg in the trans, I think its 2.9 qts. I run amsoil severe gear in the t-case and rear diff. They are less than two qts combined.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
With cast OEM pistons I'd suggest 10W-40 or 20W-40. If it has forged pistons I'd suggest 20W-50. As for the gear boxes, I don't know what is best. Obviously, Diaqueen works.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by GTijoejoe
Do you seriously mean 25 and 36miles.. or 25,000 and 36,000 miles?
i mean 25,000 and 36,000...
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Boostin_AWD
I dont know that they have an autozone in Dubai bro. As far as oil, I run factory fill mobil 1 full synthetic 10w-30. Drivetrain I run amsoil mtg in the trans, I think its 2.9 qts. I run amsoil severe gear in the t-case and rear diff. They are less than two qts combined.
yes we dont have auto-zone over here in dubai this place suck's...and i m accepting after changing all the oil this light must turn off.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by the lambo kille
yes we dont have auto-zone over here in dubai this place suck's...and i m accepting after changing all the oil this light must turn off.
I would pull the code for the check engine light. It should not come on because you need an oil change.

Most people change their oil more frequently than 10K mi. as well. I change mine around 3k mi., but I guess if it is still testing out ok than its ok. It would make me paranoid though.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no light for oil changes. Just change oil every 3k miles to be safe. Ask a shop to pull the code for you and then get back to us with the code.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bobrick
There is no light for oil changes. Just change oil every 3k miles to be safe. Ask a shop to pull the code for you and then get back to us with the code.
service engine soon light guys... not the check engine light!!!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:44 AM

service engine soon light guys... not the check engine light!!!
on the evolution and most mitsubishis the SERVICE ENGINE SOON is the CHECK ENGINE light. there is no MAINTENANCE REQUIRED light on these cars. that light is on because your engine ecu has detected a fault, not because your car needs regular intervaled servicing.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by jameelrose
on the evolution and most mitsubishis the SERVICE ENGINE SOON is the CHECK ENGINE light. there is no MAINTENANCE REQUIRED light on these cars. that light is on because your engine ecu has detected a fault, not because your car needs regular intervaled servicing.
This is true, there is no oil change light on your car. Service engine soon is check engine.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boostin_AWD
This is true, there is no oil change light on your car. Service engine soon is check engine.
x2
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:42 AM

OMG the things is like this. i have install defi Bf gauges ( oil temp and the oil pressure ) along with AEM air/fuel. ( but the AEM gauge is not fully install sensor still have to install, only the gauge is on) next week i will go to install the sensor!!! may b any of the sensor is not fix in the right way???
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:45 AM

OMG the things is like this. i have install defi Bf gauges ( oil temp and the oil pressure ) along with AEM air/fuel. ( but the AEM gauge is not fully install sensor still have to install, only the gauge is on) next week i will go to install the sensor!!! may b any of the sensor is not fix in the right way???
adding either of those sensors should not trigger the SES light. maybe during the process of the intstallation, you unplugged a connector or maybe you tapped into an incorrect wire for signal or power.

Quick Reply: Oil Change At 36 Miles.