Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

new gauge pod???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2004, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pretty cool....and it also looks like one of em mickey mouse ear hats at disney too..hehe
Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if it would obstruct the view of the tach and speedo
Old Jan 29, 2004, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BADEVO
SPI = Short for what???
Sharp Precision Instumentation - If that's who I'm thinking of... However they are shown with DEFi gauges - So that might mean EDO or another DEFi dealer can get them...

Additionally, after ceasing to do business with SPI due to inaccurate estimates, and all around BS... be careful with that "about 2 weeks" line... It's what you want to hear (but how often does it REALLY happen?)...

Just foreshadowing.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

There is another recent post about another gauge panel a guy is coming out with that replaces the radio location with a 3 gauge area that looks stock. Looks much cleaner in my opinion
Old Jan 29, 2004, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want one of those really bad! They look awesome and Ive been looking for somewhere to mount guages so it looks decent for awhile. If anyone gets info on how and where (and how much) to get these please post it.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 01:51 PM

Based on what I know, ATI is a new company that's launching it's stuff at SEMA this year. They have nothing to do with Defi. I checked out their website www.autotechinteriors.com and that's the reply I got back on email. Anyway, I'm calling up to see if I can get one. I'll let you know what happens.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 02:02 PM

Ok boyz and girlz, I got it!!! $145 bucks. I got the standard one that is 52mm. I'll be puttin' it in over the weekend. And one more thing I found out, the universal one holds 52mm and 60mm (yep...holds two gauges) but cost $5 bucks more. I only have one gauge now and it's a 52 so I save myself $5 bucks. I'm da man!
Old Jan 30, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

can you take some pictures?
Old Feb 4, 2004, 10:12 AM

Yeaaa!!! i just went to pick those pods up yesterday and install them in my car. Damn it fits better than i thought. Check out the finish on this baby.... looks stock. let the pic speak for itself

Old Feb 4, 2004, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Man thats tyte. Do they only make it for 60mm or 52mm aswell. Did you have to drill through the anything ,like the top panel or is there already a hole there? Matches very well
Old Feb 4, 2004, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

That looks like it obstructs too much view of your other gauges, i.e. gas and speedo. Maybe a smaller gauge would make it easier to see.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Who needs to see the speedo anyways. The gas gauge on the other hand... That's the more important one, twenty six miles to the gallon my ***.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

design & fit look great, but your pics make me think they will obstruct the view to the existing gauges to much.

mitsu_EVIL8 - do you have a driving impression you can share with us yet?
Old Feb 4, 2004, 01:28 PM

yea ahah whoops, as you can see from the first pic, it came out looking as if your face is right infront of the steering wheel... my fault.... But no it actually doesnt block any of the views since the gauge pod itself can swivel out of the way... i mean you can adjust to whatever position you like. But i really have no complaints what so ever about this product.

hmm... after few days driving around i have to say this pod works a whole lot better than my old gauge pod which still sits on the pillar. Before i always have to keep my eyes on the boost gauge then turn my attention on my speedo. Now with this, i can just keep my eyes glued to the speedo and the boost at the same time. I'm already planning to get the AEM wideband gauge and placed that next to my boost. ahahaha i hope by end of the summer i can save up enough money for the hks turbo upgrade....

Last edited by mitsu_EVIL8; Feb 4, 2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Im sure you can see it well. He just had the camera at an angle to show off the pod itself. Not for the drivers prespective. I wanna know how much farther can those pods be moved out or if the way it is set in the pics is the max.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

mitsu_EVIL8 - could you please take a pic of this guy from an eye level position?

also, is the swivel a 360 degree ball joint type? eg. can you rotate the gauge face "up" so it is less in your life of sight? (I hope that makes sense)

also, when are these guys going to be ready to ship?

Quick Reply: new gauge pod???