Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just how loud is the Greddy Ti (Neighbor & Work Concerns)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It is loud, **** it tho, I'm happy to set off alarms at start up. It mentally ensures me that I am killing the environment lol
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Lol I feel the same way.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedwrx
It's not so much loud as it is deep. They will be able to hear it inside definately. I actually got rid of my Trust Ti-R because it was too deep it would give me a headache after driving to English and back.

If your neighbor is old and retired he should be out of bed by 8:15AM anyway and as Smurf said I also give you props for thinking about someone elses well-being. More neighbors need to be as conscientious as you
I wish my neighbors were....
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if the Greddy is louder then the Turbo XS ?... I might have to get a Greddy and sell the quietest of the two...lol I like it loud and obnoxious ..lol.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by donmeca2020
I wish my neighbors were....
Same here. My neighbors collect their check every month and wouldn't take a job if you gave it to them. Time to move I guess, that's the only thing I can control

Sorry for the OT - back to the LOUD **** Ti exhaust
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Just the fact that you had the exhaust for this time and you haven't used it and now being concern about how loud it will be, I say sell it to someone that won't mind how loud it is. I have the same exhaust and enjoy the it every time i drive my car.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
If your neighbors are a major concern, you should just pop over and ask them. I have a stupid loud exhaust on my car, and I was very upfront with my neighbors. They all think it is cool as hell. I do try to respect my block as best I can, so when I pull into my driveway I creep it in/coast it in if possible. Also when I start my car, I do my best to roll it into the street if it is before 7am.

Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 147 Likes on 121 Posts
dont want it if its too loud OP? i will buy it off you, i love loud lol
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kreeker
I bought it for between $400-500 three years ago

You lucky SOB
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Bro, you know these i believe are discontinued... i wouldn't get rid of it due to the sound, and if their not discontinued i believe they go for about $1500 brand new.

I wanted to get one of these since they came out years back, i was just always too cheap lol. when my buddy had one for sale just laying in his garage, i quickly got in contact with him and purchased it.

I love the sound, in all reality people do know when your driving next to you
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:34 PM

The exhaust is loud! But it is definitely bearable. I actually traded my Cobb exhaust for the Greddy Ti and haven't looked back since. It has a great deep tone to it and my friends hks hi-power is actually louder than my exhaust. Perhaps it's the way I drive?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:37 PM

I have a hks on and it doesn't seem that loud. At least around my area. haha heck i've heard cars with a hole in their muffler that's louder then my hks. I don't think the Ti is going to set off any alarms unless you're wot through the neighborhood.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

if your concerned about noise install a 6" magnaflow muffler where the cat went and it will be so much quieter you'll be amazed.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

I think I'm going to insall it soon, and see how it is. I do drive with my windows down pretty much regardless of termperature so I am interested to see how that will go.

For you wondering why I've had the exhaust so long and never installed it. I bought my car in 2008, but just put it on the road a few months due to insurance costs while I was in college. So yes I did buy a titanium exhaust while the car was sitting in my garage. I also bought and still have jdm evo7 & evo8 tails. Bottomline: I am sick in the head.

Regarding asking my neighbor how he feels about the exhaust. I really don't want to do that because even he says yes, I am basically recognizing that the exhaust is obnoxious but still installing it. There is really nobody that wants to hear a loud exhaust that is not theirs everyday.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Maybe just let him know you're going to try it out, and apologise in advance in case you wake him up once or twice. At least that way he has a heads-up about it. And then you can ask him if it's too loud for him?

Quick Reply: Just how loud is the Greddy Ti (Neighbor & Work Concerns)