Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just how loud is the Greddy Ti (Neighbor & Work Concerns)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just how loud is the Greddy Ti (Neighbor & Work Concerns)

So I have a Greddy Ti (Titanium) + a Greddy downpipe/midpipe combo from a Ti-C sitting in my basement, and I'm contemplating installing it soon. I know I personally will love it, but I have to have some consideration, just a little, for other people.

My first concern is regarding my neighbor. He is one of the nicest and greatest neighbors anyone could ask for. He retired a few years ago, and I don't think it's right for me to be waking him up at 8:15 when I leave for work. My garage faces his house (driveway is next to my house, not in front), and is about 50 feet away from the side of his house. My driveway is also setup so I have to do a few backup forward movements to actually straighten my car out. My question is the cold start up very loud?

My second concern is work. The company I work for is fairly large, but also small enough that people will know I am the douche with the loud car and the huge wing. My question is, if I stay below 3k in the parking lots will I still be setting off alarms and sounding like a freight train?

Thanks,
Dan
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is this a 3" exhaust?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOMIEZVR4
is this a 3" exhaust?
I'm pretty sure the Ti is 3.5", but haven't looked at it in years so I could be wrong.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

its about 3.15 inches in diameter

wish I had your exhaust!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ApexEVoIX03
its about 3.15 inches in diameter

wish I had your exhaust!
I bought it for between $400-500 three years ago

Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Greddy Ti exhaust and it is ridiculously loud. However, I have a pretty crazy setup on my car so it may not be as loud for you. I know my car has vibrated pictures off the wall in my living room when pulling into the garage.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Chuck it on, see if you can live with it? If not, swap back...

Your definition of loud could be very different to other peoples. I think mine is perfectly acceptable, the girlfriend thinks it is stupid loud...only one way to find out really.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by antonio010
I have the Greddy Ti exhaust and it is ridiculously loud. However, I have a pretty crazy setup on my car so it may not be as loud for you. I know my car has vibrated pictures off the wall in my living room when pulling into the garage.
x2, its pretty loud, I like the deep tone..
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Its loud Who f u v k i n g cares. Its your car

You will wake your neighbour up [r]Anything after 8am is fair game as for as I'm concerned. I could see if you were reving the motor at 11pm or 6am but 8am - 9pm is fair game as far as I'm concerned[/r]

People at work will hear you coming. [r] I work for top 10 computer company at their 2nd largest site and most people get a kick out of my car even though I shake the gdamn building[/r]

Enjoy your car. I applaud you for being mindful but I think you are being overly cautious.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Jul 12, 2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just ditched the Greddy tic and got a Buschur Magnaflow..The Greddy is loud man!I think the HKS is work better and sound would be less!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
its extremely loud, i wanted it but people in neighborhoods will not like u at all.

my gf's neighbors dont like me at all and i have a double magnaflow bushur... u can only deal with the noise for so long, im already looking to get the varex.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

i just got one last year, and i replaced my test pipe as well. the exhaust is LOUD. on WOT its extremely loud. i've had a friend tell me when i pulled up to his house, he said he thought a stealth bomber landed in the front of his house. lmao either way its a nice exhaust, i wouldnt care if anyone doesnt like the sound its your car.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

My Tomei and Tomei test pipe is louder. I try to be mindful going and coming but it is what it is. When I'm WOT between the turbo and the twin wastegates the exhaust is quiet. LOL.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not so much loud as it is deep. They will be able to hear it inside definately. I actually got rid of my Trust Ti-R because it was too deep it would give me a headache after driving to English and back.

If your neighbor is old and retired he should be out of bed by 8:15AM anyway and as Smurf said I also give you props for thinking about someone elses well-being. More neighbors need to be as conscientious as you
Old Jul 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Very

Loud! :}

Quick Reply: Just how loud is the Greddy Ti (Neighbor & Work Concerns)