Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why so many Evo's for sale with low mileage on mods?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have a daily driver so therefore my car sits in the garage most of the time preserved and in good shape. But I don't plan on selling it unless I got some crazy offer on it. When you see an Evo it's like seeing a fine *** women, first thing to mind is wow I'd like to beat that. So I treat my car like my women, everytime I get in it, I BEAT it up!!
Old Sep 6, 2012, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

I to have a DD and the way i see it is the less I drive it the less maintanence it will need like brakes 60k service etc....but when i do drive it all is forgotten but dont get me wrong i wish i could drive her everyday.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:57 PM

I drive mine everyday just hit 60k yesterday! still in pristine condition
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wickedwyte06
i agree i use my car as a dd 100miles a day and im proud to say that. im not driving a ferrari or some 6 digit car (to be honest if i had a ferrari id drive it snow if it could make it lol) i buy a car to drive it. i dont plan on a crazy build with it mainly suspension tune exhaust intake and looks for now. down the road 50000miles later i might start a build on it and buy another car. by brother in law has a srt4 that has 13000 miles on it and never sees the day of light it sits in his garage i dont understand owning a car and not driving it! i HATE driving other cars AND LOVE driving my mr 9 so why would i want to spend a day driving some slow not nice commuter car!? if it breaks ill repair it, if the paint chips ill repaint it, MILES ARE JUST A NUMBER IN MY BOOK but to each their own right? just my opinion.
I DD my evo 8 also. I sometimes think like "damn gota do that $1400 belt and seal job and etc" but everyday i get in the car and i drive it, it brings a smile to my face. Seriously, I drive my car, and I am proud to keep it in good running condition as soon as i can. I am proud to be rolling up in my evo 8. when the mileage hits? I will just build the engine/transmission/rusty parts more.

To really think about it. I KNOW my evo is happy to have me as an owner. Till the day he dies or till the day I die. But today and tomorrow, Im rolling in an Evo 8. And I would like to be famous for it. And when I zoom by on the street, I want those who recognizes the evo 8 to give me a thumbs up. (which many have.)

I dont have many other expensive hobbies (girls have shoes, makeup, jewelry, etc). I have my evo that I use EVERYDAY and it is extremely practical. And I dont regret driving it everyday despite of depreciation.

I live only once and I've already used up 1/3 of my life (age 30).
By 2/3 of my life, I would be satisfied to have be doing the things im doing right now.
And by age 90, I will go happy knowing ive done many things including spending time driving my evo 8 and taking care of it to my best.

Cheers.

johnny.

all of us should live with no regrets. its what makes us men. and its what makes us want a car like an evo in the first place and not an Acura TL.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

I just purchased my 2nd one (2003) with 25k on the clock, lightly modded, and in awesome shape!

The first one I sold had 15k on it with $20k worth of mods...got a pretty penny for it.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I just bought my dream car 3 months ago and I drive it everyday every time I look at it I'm proud to say I drive an Evo 8 I love my car and I plan on keepin it for a long time eventually I will get a daily driver house pool etc the American dream it will be my 700hp beast for weekends only and car meets when you drive an Evo you will never go back to anything else
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:28 PM

Mine just hit 100k but no plans of selling !
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:45 AM

Old Saying

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
Just curious why there are so many? People didn't like the cars after? Too harsh? Unreliable? What gives?
Car Pimp's Saying: The only thing better than a hot car is a new hot car!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pssst
Not driving your car to keep the miles low is like not having sex with your wife so she can be better for the next guy.
I appreciate this comment. I bought this car to drive and enjoy, not to park in my garage and admire. So what if I have to wash it more often.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:43 PM

I just drive the hell out of it, but there is still some left in it. So, back at it tomorrow...just like my wife.