Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who's rockin mud flaps?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was going to get set of rally armor mudflaps but pulled out last minute. depends what look youre going for, i think it makes the car look more like an evo / rally machine, somewhat more agressive.. but i decided i want to go for a sleek clean (wingless) look so i might just drop my car a bit more and take the spoiler off .
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:58 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have RA mudflaps on my Evo. Love 'em!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:17 AM

I would recommend mudflaps for practical purposes above all, but they really do give the car a nice look. I personally have the rally armor flaps and I love them. Every time I see a chip/scuff on a mudflap im happy that the sides of my car were protected. Not that difficult to install if you take the wheels off to do it.
Attached Thumbnails Who's rockin mud flaps?-img_2538.jpg  
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by adriano_917
I have the rokblokz and they fit perfect no modifications needed to install, and they help out alot.
Any pictures? I'm looking to get some before winter and would like an alternative to rally armor.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:34 AM

that GG is sexy and of course thumbs up for mudflaps/
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thaoski_taicho
that GG is sexy and of course thumbs up for mudflaps/
FJF is a waxing maniac! His car may be the gold standard for maintenance.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cleaner then when it was at the dealer. LOL.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mudflaps look good, just not my taste. although it would be smart to take car of my investment,lol.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:11 PM
ryn

I run with rally armor mudflaps and love em', I've had em on for two winter seasons, no problems with salt so far
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:22 PM
jt3

I had Rally Armour mudflaps. They were really good build quality. Very durable. I don't have them anymore as I prefer the "clean" look without the mudflaps. But having mudflaps definitely makes your car look tough
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:29 PM

I'm seriously considering mud flaps
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not a fan of how far out form the body Rally Armor sticks out but I know its for a reason. My mad flaps where from the guy on EBay. Probably knock off RalliArts but they have last for a while.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

I love mine. Bought the Rally armor mudflaps black w/red lettering to match the TB car. I got a couple crappy pics.

Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Wow those look bad@ss. Especially with the red!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by R. Burgundy
If you're not gonna get the evo specific ones, I know from experience that the "universal" rally armor flaps are kinda a pain in the butt. Install took a pretty long time on my car, because I'm OCD and needed them to be perfectly straight and even. and marking the holes to drill them out was kinda tedious. (don't try to do it with the wheels on, it'll make life 100x harder than it has to be)

They don't hang down very far either. To get the rear ones down to my liking (1-2 inches off the ground :P) I had to rig up an L bracket to have a place to bolt the flap too because of the way it's shaped. But for functionality, where they sit normally is fine. I just preferred the rally car stupid look over the subtle almost oem look.

Yes, they trap a lot of stuff in them. I took them off the other day for the first time in 6 months and I was amazed at the amount of twigs and rocks and stuff trapped. Just be careful and diligent about putting them on and you'll minimize that. Also, they will get very dirty looking and are pretty hard to clean on the car. Mine looked like crap like permanently dirty.

Also, I have 18x9.5 wheels and 255 tires, and my front tires rubbed constantly on them on normal turns (and full locks obviously). Theres a visible indentation on the flaps where I was rubbing and they're pretty deformed. Also, you'll hear them chattering in the wind on the highway.

For the winter months, if you think it's worth it, go for it. It can't hurt. But all that stuff I listed was enough to outweigh the fact that they looked pretty fresh haha. Sorry for the novel I wrote. Kudos if you read all that crap :P
+1 on the universal flaps being a complete pain

Quick Reply: Who's rockin mud flaps?