Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BBY Paint question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BBY Paint question

Hey BBY owners, have any of you had luck finding a color similar to ours in spray can form? I'm looking to paint my roll bar as close to BBY as possible, and wanted to know if anyone had personal experience with a similar color.

ie. Where I can buy the OEM paint in a spray can or something close.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Pssst; Aug 31, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
that will be tough. I had my car painted using the factory paint code. but when paint shop said it would be 400 extra to get the basecoat it requires I didnt go for it. as a result the color I used is single stage without the silverish basecoat. it looks way different. the original color is a three part pant system.

Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just buy some oem bby paint with the paint code, just cuz it looks close in a bucket as a color, doesnt mean itll look the same. Im a bby guy had to have my wing repainted 3 years ago, costed me 80 to have a body shop paint it, including the paint. So im assuming 20-30 for a can of it.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
that will be tough. I had my car painted using the factory paint code. but when paint shop said it would be 400 extra to get the basecoat it requires I didnt go for it. as a result the color I used is single stage without the silverish basecoat. it looks way different. the original color is a three part pant system.

That doesnt look bad, I've had mine painted as well. but my original question is finding the color/similar in Spray can form, and didnt know if anyone had suggestions, the body shop i go too, wants $350+ to do my cage... Typically I would be all about it, but I put that money towards other parts for my build, so was going to try it myself :/
Originally Posted by dastallion951
just buy some oem bby paint with the paint code, just cuz it looks close in a bucket as a color, doesnt mean itll look the same. Im a bby guy had to have my wing repainted 3 years ago, costed me 80 to have a body shop paint it, including the paint. So im assuming 20-30 for a can of it.
Yeah I got mine painted as well, I just dont know of any where to get the OEM paint in a can though Paintscratch.com, guess I was hoping people would have ideas of local stores who do that kind of thing. Thanks