Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i hate driving this car!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any cel lights?? Bucking can be numerous things do you have a wideband on the car? Does it sweep rich or lean?? Could be tune, plugs, perhaps a misadjusted bov if yours is adjustable. A possible sticking throttle body... nmerous potential things it could be....
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:05 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tongotan
Hope there happens to be no malafied act behind this.
Do you mean, aside from the OP posting on June 1 asking basic questions about the platform, then, not 2 months later proclaiming to have a 600whp car saddled with a 2.4/GT40 built by who-knows-whom, tuned by seemingly no one of competence. Other than that, no malafide acts seem to have surfaced thus far.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am with FJF on this one. Besides the vta bov and questionably set up speed density. I don't know what could be wrong...

Op if you give up this easily get out of the car game. With your post history and supposed car/ issues, you come off as a troll.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The car is not the problem. It's what you did to it or what you paid someone to do to it.

What did you do to your car that it bucks all the time? List the mods you have. I'm guessing it's not stock.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mp72
The car is not the problem. It's what you did to it or what you paid someone to do to it.

What did you do to your car that it bucks all the time? List the mods you have. I'm guessing it's not stock.
+10000000

It has a 40r so it should have everything
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not giving up lol i switches to speed density to help the bucking issue because my bov is vta and heard it would help. Got it all tuned and it still does it! Changed plugs last night to new ones gapped at 21 seems worse. Put old plugs back in. I might try using stock coils or have my tuner check it out my tuner is a local i dont have any real evo shops around me. So i might tryband get a cable and ask tom for an e tune. N thanks to couple of u some of u r straight *******s and just looking to laugh n ***** at people like me that doesnt know how to tune so **** off
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:40 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by spadednick88
Im not giving up lol i switches to speed density to help the bucking issue because my bov is vta and heard it would help. Got it all tuned and it still does it! Changed plugs last night to new ones gapped at 21 seems worse. Put old plugs back in. I might try using stock coils or have my tuner check it out my tuner is a local i dont have any real evo shops around me. So i might tryband get a cable and ask tom for an e tune. N thanks to couple of u some of u r straight *******s and just looking to laugh n ***** at people like me that doesnt know how to tune so **** off
I'd do an email tune before I'd go to a local shop with a 600whp evo. English Racing, Mellon, Jon, and many other vendors on this board offer that service. You should really have one of them check it out, because who knows what kind of damage you're doing to your set up right now.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

I was trying to help but you have pretty much avoided answering anyone's questions. What BOV are you running and what spring do you have installed? The Tial BOV needs to have the correct spring otherwise it will cause the bucking issue like you are claiming. What vacuum pressure are you seeing at idle?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spadednick88
Replying ignorantly like you just did will not get you any help. Also, try talking with some better grammar... It makes a world of difference when trying to get help. I honestly didn't want to read half of what you said because it's all run-on sentances and swearing.

There is plenty of information on here to learn how to tune. You have to be patient and understand that people are trying to help you. There are plenty of options for tunes. Do your own research and calm down. Talk as tough as you want on this forum... it just makes you look ingorant and people will be A) Laugh and ***** at people like you who don't know how to tune and B) Won't be willing to help you.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx
Replying ignorantly like you just did will not get you any help. Also, try talking with some better grammar... It makes a world of difference when trying to get help. I honestly didn't want to read half of what you said because it's all run-on sentances and swearing.

There is plenty of information on here to learn how to tune. You have to be patient and understand that people are trying to help you. There are plenty of options for tunes. Do your own research and calm down. Talk as tough as you want on this forum... it just makes you look ingorant and people will be A) Laugh and ***** at people like you who don't know how to tune and B) Won't be willing to help you.
Sorry had to point that out

However he's right. If you answer the questions being asked more help will be able help figure your problem out, not answering anything and continuing to drive with this problem is just making it worse for yourself /motor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

OP, the first thing you need to do to get any sort of help at all is this.

1. Give us a COMPLETE list of your mods, and I mean complete, gauges everything...
2. Tell us EVERYTHING that you have done to remedy the situation

As previously mentioned your issue can be a number of things. COP, Plugs, BOV/DV, Boost Leaks, and another one that no one has mentioned yet is the cam sensor which will cause the same issue which is exactly what was wrong with my car in Jan and was an easy fix. But again, it could be anything and without a full painted picture of the car we can only guess as well as you, probably worse guesses actually.

So, again, DO #1 and #2 as requested above and then we can actually start to get a better idea of your car and lend some more useful advice. There are plenty of people who have serious built cars who can give you good advice/ideas on what might be wrong but without you giving use what we need to help this thread is worthless...

BTW, when you use OEM plugs and you gap them and touch the iridium electrode you ruin the plug so I hope you know how to gap them correctly without doing this.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
I was trying to help but you have pretty much avoided answering anyone's questions. What BOV are you running and what spring do you have installed? The Tial BOV needs to have the correct spring otherwise it will cause the bucking issue like you are claiming. What vacuum pressure are you seeing at idle?
thanks! Its a tial q with a white spring. It sits at 12 at idle when its at 1k but i have it bumped up tp 1.3k and ut sits at 15
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

You might need to try a Black spring in there, it is a little bit softer than the white one and the majority of Evo's are using the Black spring without issue.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

I have had this issues and still do at times and what I found was I needed a tune and the dame throttle was so dame sensitive that my foot was bouncing when the car did so it make it buck even more. So I rest my foot to right side so I'd don't jerk and found I can hold it at a steady speed.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
OP, the first thing you need to do to get any sort of help at all is this.

1. Give us a COMPLETE list of your mods, and I mean complete, gauges everything...
2. Tell us EVERYTHING that you have done to remedy the situation

As previously mentioned your issue can be a number of things. COP, Plugs, BOV/DV, Boost Leaks, and another one that no one has mentioned yet is the cam sensor which will cause the same issue which is exactly what was wrong with my car in Jan and was an easy fix. But again, it could be anything and without a full painted picture of the car we can only guess as well as you, probably worse guesses actually.

So, again, DO #1 and #2 as requested above and then we can actually start to get a better idea of your car and lend some more useful advice. There are plenty of people who have serious built cars who can give you good advice/ideas on what might be wrong but without you giving use what we need to help this thread is worthless...

BTW, when you use OEM plugs and you gap them and touch the iridium electrode you ruin the plug so I hope you know how to gap them correctly without doing this.
Ok 2.4 stroker, bc272's, hks camgears, fic 1650's, dw300, spoolinup cop, 40r, tial q bov, tial 50mm wastegate, ppi piping and race intercooler, exhaust, intake, SD, thats the jist of it i think.

Quick Reply: i hate driving this car!!