Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

road trip to Boostin Performance and Chicago (dyno sheet!)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
road trip to Boostin Performance and Chicago (dyno sheet!)

so after having a room full of parts sitting around since feb-march and after selling my SR powered 240 (built from the ground up!), I've finally got my Evo where I want it for a little while...

a friend and I drove up to Addison, IL, dropped my car off at Boostin for the week and headed to Chicago to explore (I still can't get over the amazing food...)

what I had on prior to the build: GReddy Ti-C catback, MAP O2 delete downpipe, Walbro 255 pump, a cheap manual boost controller, Buschur filter, and a tune for 93, and ETS fmic/MAP licp (but these went on after my initial 93 tune so they didn't play a factor until now)

what Boostin did: Supertech valve springs/retainers/seals, GSC S2 cams, GSC no-tick lifters, Grimmspeed solenoid/OMNI map sensor, ETS uicp, Tial valve, Exedy twin plate clutch, FIC 1150cc injectors, Aeromotive 340 pump, DBA brake rotors, GiroDisc pads, and dual maps for 93 and E85 (and stainless clutch/brake lines)

how it turned out: (PICS!)

(VIRTUAL DYNO SHEET FOR 93 TUNE)

(MUSTANG DYNO SHEET FOR E85)

I thought the car felt great on 93, but when I got home and ran that tank out and put E85 in... man what a difference. It's been a week since I've been back with the car and everything is awesome. I can't say enough about Devin and Kristen, especially since she put up with a lot of back and forth e-mailing lol. As everybody can see, Devin did an excellent job on my car. Nothing but praise and support for Boostin
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome! I'm making the same pilgrimage on October 12th Just a Comp 2 clutch and a 93 tune at this point, hoping to get to E85 with bigger injectors and go back next summer. So far Kristen has been awesome and exceptionally patient. Can't wait to meet them. Glad you're happy with everything!