Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Problems with mitsubishiparts.net

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with mitsubishiparts.net

Hey guys,

So I ordered a pulley from them over a week ago and it's still pending, I called them, Pmed them, etc to find out where my order is at, and no answer. Has anyone else had issues? Needless to say I got it elsewhere and want to cancel my order and will probably never order from them again.

Last edited by Frew; Sep 17, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never had a problem getting through to someone there by phone. Are you calling:

866-754-5500

M-F 8-5 PST?

Also, keep in mind that Russell announced that there would be a lot of parts that they wouldn't be stocking for a while, and there is usually a weeks delay if something has to be ordered.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:50 AM

I ordered a few parts, saw they werent in stock so I knew they had to order them.. after about 7 business days I wondered where my order was, or at least what the status was.. Tried to call twice,(during business hours) only received the answering machine. Sent 2 emails to the email listed on the site, no response.. Finally PM'd Russell and he responded the next day.. Hower I ended up receiving the parts the night I PM'd him(I think it was 10 business days after I ordered. I never even received the email saying it was shipped.

I've ordered from them 3-4 times now.. Seems that they always pull through and I get my stuff.. But the communication doesnt seem to be there., its a shame.

EDIT: This isnt a bash, Just my honest experience. I'll still order from them, From what I understand they have been changing how things operate and thats never easy. Their prices are still way better than I can get from the dealer. I needed the P/S bracket that mounts to the block, Was 90 from the dealer, Got it for 50 from the site, and I would have had to wait for the dealer to order it too.

Last edited by littlewack; Sep 17, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
In my experience their shipping status basically never updates. I had an issue, called them, verified it was shipped even though the status says pending.... it did take some time, it was frustrating.

Most likely your stuff has been shipped if it has been 7 bus. days.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
They've been short staffed for a while and it shows. As mentioned, calling them and trying to speak to Russell directly seems to be the best way to go for the time being.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First off, Before you read the mess of text below. Im sorry to everyone who has had poor customer service in the last few months.

The post I made in our subforum illustrates most of our issues moving forward.

Right now Im the only piece of the puzzle remaining that was around for the past few years. The help/staff I had was either let go or fired over the last few months. This left me with a lot of work to do all on my own. I plan things months and months in advance. With the departure of my co-workers I was left with mountains of work. This included, events on the weekends, planning events, handling drivers, etc. We work closely with a lot of tracks that are local and sponsor a handful of drivers that range from grass roots to professional.

All that being said our business comes first. So, I made the post in hopes that everyone here would see it. Evom is our primarily online forum for any make we handle. We love it here, love the staff, love the customers, love evo's.

To make matters worse we switched to a new phone system about 2 months ago and this is still an issue for my customers. If Im not at my desk, in the office, etc my phone line just shoots you to voicemail and doesnt give you any instruction on how to 'get immediate assistance' - which any normal person wants when they call in. This issue is being addressed and hopefully it will be remedied.

Back to priority 1 - you guys and girls as my customers. If you look at my track record here Ive always been open with everyone, shared insider information, etc. Look at my track record for the last 6 months and you will NOT find a lot of that. I hate that so much. Im working hard to get back where we were, but I have new faces, people who dont understand whats going on, etc. All I can ask is that everyone bare with me and we will get there.

In the meantime you can call 360-352-8558 to get assistance at any time from one our parts people.

A lot of people I deal with in the business can confirm the 'growing pains' and they know how frustrating it is for me.

My PMs look to be 100% caught up right now. I have a few that I am unable to answer today because my shipping department at Mitsubishi is closed on Mondays (another issue Im dealing with). Believe me - Im well aware that everyone is frustrated with me and our company right now. Just trust that Im busting my butt to get it back to a smooth running machine.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PS: I appreciate everyones opinion and sharing it so that I know where we are as a company.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i ordered from there before, never again. absurdly high shipping prices and over 10 days for an item. even when i ordered 2 parts at the same time they came at different times, some being longer. so long that i even forgot that i ordered it, surprised me when i got a package.

i found that sometimes when you really need something u gotta go to ebay, i always get my stuff in 4 days max.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
@sujinX - you realize that Russell doesn't stock every single part, correct? Chances are the one part he had was shipped out immediately and the other was shipped either as soon as he got it or drop-shipped from where ever he got it.

eBay is different because you (90% of the time) physically have the item when you list it
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can vouch for Russell coming through on parts for me for the past 4 years I've owned my Evo. Russell can be reached via email or phone and I often use both forms to talk with him. I've had a great experience buying parts from Russell and I think although he's going through a difficult time with a lack of staff.... I will continue to support Russell and Mitsubishiparts.net. I'm sure cancelling your order and complaining on a public forum has made your crank pulley arrive sooner. :/

People have to understand that MITSUBISHI as a CAR COMPANY has a very slow delivery network to their dealers. It takes time because that's how MITSUBISHI is organized... it has very little to do with Russell or Mitsubishiparts.net's operations.

Parts from mitsubishi take time, and if they don't take time... it's because you have to pay more to get them sooner. Just saying.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

I by no mean was looking to bash an vendors, its just to first impressions are big. I did see his mention of being understaffed but sadly this was after I had already placed the order. Sadly this probably would have swayed my order since I was looking for speeding since this is the last piece I needed and is putting me behind schedule.

Russell, I did PM, heard nothing, two phone calls, and a VM. Honestly I was just looking for an update and see if anyone else was running into these issues. I ended up ordering the part directly from Mitsu, if it is possible to cancel my order I would like to do so, if not thats fine too.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

ive got alot of parts from them ive shipped light bulbs next day air and got them lol ive also orderd a jdm rear from them and it came two weeks early the rear tow hook cover did come seperate but who cares when parts come early over all i would say they are great and i will continue to order from them.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

I placed an order about 3-4 weeks ago and got it about 7-10 days. I got email of shipment and just followed on USPS. Had great service when I called to place an order and there pricing is next to nothing:-).
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

I also would vouch for mitsubishiparts.net I usually go in person but they have always been the lower price compared to another couple local dealers around here and service has been great. I think most people who have issues don't realize most parts either come from cali or nj. I ordered a couple parts that half were in stock in one and half in the other. If you’re in such a rush ask for priority shipping. I think i paid $18 on a $200~ part order and got it next day. People need to learn patience if you want it now you have to pay to play. What Russell offers is some of the lowest prices around for oem parts and generally great service.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

ill add to this there is not many other vendors you can just pm and say hey i need this and him give you a price in a instant i cant even get the parts guy at my local dealer to look up a part without giving him my vin number very annoying when i am driving its nice to have someone who knows the car so he knows what you need.