Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing "Kits"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur Racing "Kits"

Buschur offers a stage 1,2,3,4 kit, and also a 'power' kit

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...f1b2d9b7d4aa05

Anyone have any advise on them? I was looking at the Power Package since it'll include everything I've been looking for.

The kits also include an ECU flash. I would assume that is the same as tuning it, correct? Has anyone gone through Buschur for tuning? I know their name is pretty respected here.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
The Flash Is a base tuned based on the mode per each stage.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I would piece the package together myself and get the parts that I want, and definitely not get an "off the shelf tune." Check out this thread to be sure to stay on the right modding path https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
The Flash Is a base tuned based on the mode per each stage.
K thanks for clarifying

Originally Posted by evo8426
I would piece the package together myself and get the parts that I want, and definitely not get an "off the shelf tune." Check out this thread to be sure to stay on the right modding path https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html
Yeah I saw that sticky, but I wanted to get some feedback on the entire kit. It seems to have all of the basic mods that I wanted, so I wanted to get evom's feedback if anyone has purchased one before. The kit I am looking at has everything I need minus a clutch, and the head work I'd need to get done to run a performance cam.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Call Buschur
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
Call Buschur
Yeah I'm gonna call them up and see exactly how they flash the ECU. Gonna post the results here, so that the experts on evom can see if they are good specs.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ChUt26
Gonna post the results here, so that the experts on evom can see if they are good specs.
There is sarcasm in that right? Please dont call a pro-shop then ask the randoms on the internet if the specs are correct. If the randoms knew better they would own their own shops.

When you call an expert, please shut up and listen, if you dont like what they have to say call a different expert, but dont double check it with people on the forum with NO tuning experience.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ChUt26
Yeah I'm gonna call them up and see exactly how they flash the ECU. Gonna post the results here, so that the experts on evom can see if they are good specs.
You really don't need to question BR. They arguably make some of the best parts for our cars. Their reputation isn't under any kind of speculation. Their parts work very well but to take full advantage of their potential, you will need a custom tune, not a base tune. Look up evo specialty shops in your area. They can help you with install and tuning. I will suggest CBRD because they are in PA and are another shop in which reputation is well established.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Call STM if your in ny they sell buschur products and they are good guys there I always talk to Justin he knows his stuff
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Buschur is well-known and well respected. They are not the cheapest shop around but for good reason; you will get a quality product. With that said, there is only so much that can be done with a mail-in tune (not to be confused with remote tuning which can be done very well by several members on this forum)

Additionally, you do not need headwork to run cams. Will it help? Yes, it certainly will, but the gains you will see from just cams vs cams + headwork is not otherworldly. If you ever consider headwork, look up Curt Brown (www.cbevo.com). I fully believe no one does it better.

Lastly, use the kits to form a baseline of what gets modded and in what order. You can save a metric ****ton of money by piecing it together intelligently through group buys, the classifieds, ebay (do not buy knockoff **** on Ebay), and vendor sales. One-stop shopping is great but trust me on this, you want to do one mod at a time to the best extent of your patience. This way if something doesn't go quite right, you'll know where to look. Take me, for example: Last night I crushed my IX BOV a little bit to make sure it's sealing well now that I'm getting above 24 psi. Now today, it's not idling as well as it used to. So, I know that crushing the BOV is what is causing that condition and I know how to fix it. Patience, money, and not being cheap - that will make for a very nice EVO
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SenseiL2007
There is sarcasm in that right? Please dont call a pro-shop then ask the randoms on the internet if the specs are correct. If the randoms knew better they would own their own shops.

When you call an expert, please shut up and listen, if you dont like what they have to say call a different expert, but dont double check it with people on the forum with NO tuning experience.
Well that was the point of this thread

I'm asking about their reputation....
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ToddRhodes
Buschur is well-known and well respected. They are not the cheapest shop around but for good reason; you will get a quality product. With that said, there is only so much that can be done with a mail-in tune (not to be confused with remote tuning which can be done very well by several members on this forum)

Additionally, you do not need headwork to run cams. Will it help? Yes, it certainly will, but the gains you will see from just cams vs cams + headwork is not otherworldly. If you ever consider headwork, look up Curt Brown (www.cbevo.com). I fully believe no one does it better.

Lastly, use the kits to form a baseline of what gets modded and in what order. You can save a metric ****ton of money by piecing it together intelligently through group buys, the classifieds, ebay (do not buy knockoff **** on Ebay), and vendor sales. One-stop shopping is great but trust me on this, you want to do one mod at a time to the best extent of your patience. This way if something doesn't go quite right, you'll know where to look. Take me, for example: Last night I crushed my IX BOV a little bit to make sure it's sealing well now that I'm getting above 24 psi. Now today, it's not idling as well as it used to. So, I know that crushing the BOV is what is causing that condition and I know how to fix it. Patience, money, and not being cheap - that will make for a very nice EVO
Thank you! Exactly the type of input I was looking for. When I say headwork I don't necessarily mean porting, valve jobs, etc. Simply I mean redo the springs with new stuff.

I work at an auto parts store with a full machine shop. My boss will do any machining I ask for free of labor charge.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well op its all in who u talk to some like buschur some dont.... I believe a company should let there accomplishments speak for themselves, if you look on here how many people run there parts n even how many shops run there built engines. Says something. So personally u should do research on here because u can find useful information in the pile of some of the drama threads on here, personally I'd take my time buy a part at a time nothing's worse then buying the same part twice. Before you know it your 5gs in the hole car feels good n fast then a problems happens that costs you a lot.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:09 PM

If you want to read some reviews on buschur:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...s-reviews.html

Check post 5. It links to 2 more threads.

Also:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...acing-ftw.html

You cant do better than Buschur. However, a word of warning, if you are a know it all, stay away from Dave and STM both shops seem very not interested in hearing you talk about what you think you know. If you want to listen and pay for results you cant beat em.