Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What do you think of this mod list?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem and save yea a little cash I'm running an ef3 on pump and making the same power as a red now that is not me saying its better or exactly the same as a red but if money is now issue then hey there yea go but I couldn't justify shelling out Si much I got my ef3 with all the bells and whistles for a great price and I am putting down the power just restricted do to the stock 02housing
Old Oct 6, 2012, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah i feel you with the money being tight. Anything to help save some cash and put out the same results without being a cheap part helps. Especially since I have some exterior parts to fix or replace. So every little bit helps!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jager89
Yeah i feel you with the money being tight. Anything to help save some cash and put out the same results without being a cheap part helps. Especially since I have some exterior parts to fix or replace. So every little bit helps!
I was not so tight on money but just couldn't justify it theres a thread on here with the ef series results great read up and Nate from map is really helpful I would look into it and if you still want to go black they have te ef4 but also keep in mind these are jb turbos not DBB but like I sai I'm having good success right now just having problems with spool but really has nothing o do with the turbo lol but I do recommend this turbo if money Is tight I like it and it sounds BOSS lol
Old Oct 6, 2012, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

I'm kind of partial to FP's considering its what I've been around, biased opinion as well. But I have no problem looking into other options. Like I said, this was a feeler post to get others opinions. Sad thing is, I've personally seen what blacks can do to stock blocks!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

I feel yea on that I've always wanted a black but for my car use it just wasn't really gonna be as fun unless I had a 2.4 lol and FP Is great I just thought if through the suggestion out since when I did my build thread it was hard to get ppls thoughts I guess I should ask too what are you power goals
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

I looked into the 2.4 upgrade too, maybe some day when I'm a multi thousandaire haha. I was definitely looking to push 450+hp and try to keep the tq around the same number.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Whoa unless you upgrade your rods I would highly suggest you keep tq under 415 im making 402 and 336tq ony ef3 now once I add my 02 dump and get to of te stupid stock housing I'm looking closer to te 450+ mark and around 400tq just keep in mind tq I the killer of blocks my friend now drop some heavy duty rods in and your good of your looking for 450 and some close to that tq you may want to look into the red or even FP green but that 91 may limit you so an FP Red or EF3 would be my final answer
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Agreed. Like the head studs, springs, etc, I figured the rods would go without saying. Matter of fact, the black that blew up my friends block, was from a stock rod going through it. Put a hole the size of a grapefruit through it!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

I should mention, he beat in it hard with WOT, red lined all the time. Real stupid s***.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds about right lol I can pull much more tq but my tuner and I have agreed to keep tq under control lol yea man I say stick with a red o ef3 you'll be very happy unless your building for the future anyways ten yea go black lol I like to see what you choose and see your results
Old Oct 6, 2012, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

That's the only way I can go about it. One part at a time. So it's a future build that's also my DD, so it will take some time. can't get to crazy where it's at the tuner for a month straight!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Yea man mine I also my dd when I got back from Iraq I dropped my car off an it was down for about a week but man was it worth it I think you will like eaither one really I'm making the switch I e85 once my toxic fab 02dump and manifold come in I'm trying for 530 whp and still dd it lol but hey check into conp clutch too great clutch for those power goals a comp stage 2 is perfect
Old Oct 6, 2012, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

When I got back from Iraq last year around this time is when I finally decided to buy my Evo. Haven't looked back since! But yeah the O2 dumps are nice and sound sexy as h***! I'll have to take a look at that clutch since I'm still a little unsure about the spec. I also need to look into upgrading some suspension parts. NE winter did wonders to it by the time I got out to AZ
Old Oct 6, 2012, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I have no experience with the spec but I've heard some sketchy things and my tuner is running a comp stage 2 with over 530 and launches at the track hold up great and there WAYYYYY cheaper then te exidy twin and triple everyone always says to get lol comp does have a twin of that's what you want as well these are just my opinions as well buddy in not ******* out anyone or anything I just know when I first posted my biuld thread not a lot of help was givin so I was left to fend for myself and this is pretty much what I found out of coarse I did have some help from some cool members on here as well and the guys at map and my tuner at English racing. I can help yea as much as I can but I will say there are so many great wright ups on here especially on the dyno results threads
Old Oct 7, 2012, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't run anything larger than an FP BB Red on a stock block. I know there are members who do, but I also know there are a lot of members who shred thier blocks with blacks, etc... You know what they say, safety first.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this mod list?