Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Power source for gauges?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power source for gauges?

Hey everyone,

I did a bit of searching and have yet to find a clear answer. I recently purchased an AEM boost, wideband, and oil pressure gauge. The only issue I am having now is where to tap the power for the gauges. And whether it is possible to run the 3 gauges from one fuse. My question is where has everyone been tapping for power?

I was thinking of tapping power from the cig lighter, but I've read from several other posts that if you tap all 3 gauges for power the cig lighter will no longer work.

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...gtail_fuse.htm

^is the link of where I plan on getting the fuses from.

If anyone can provide any help or info that would be great! thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:52 PM

Do a quick search on installing gauges. There are a couple good write-ups. But to save u time, grab ur owners manual and find the diagram for the fuse box under the dash on the driver's side. I used the gauge cluster location with an add-a-fuse for switched power and the power door lock location with another add- a-fuse for constant power iirc.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:00 PM

Also, the add-a-fuse are mini ones. Take the fuse out of the locations desired and plug the add-a-fuse in those spots. Then put the original fuses in the add-a-fuse closest to the fuse box once and the fuse for ur gauges in the slot directly where the wire comes out of the add-a-fuse. Hope this helps. There should be pictures of what it looks like in one of the write-ups.