Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What made you choose an Evo over an other sports car. Specifically an STI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ridin_a_civic
The title pretty much says it all. I searched it, and nothing really came up. Tell me why you chose an Evo!
I have always wanted one since i saw one for the first time. i got to drive my buddy's evo in about 2004 i was amazed and the power caught me off guard and i knew i had to get one! then one day i got smoked by a red evo when i was in my JRSC 2000 Integra GSR which made me want one even more. dont get me wrong, i loved my teggy also. but then one morning when i got up to go to work, my teggy was stolen from my parking spot never to be found. i was heartbroken but i picked up my 8 a couple weeks after and still loving it!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by alleggerita
This one allows me to keep appreciating Subarus despite preferring the EVO ....
Breaking the record is breaking the record. But my only qualm is that it was described as a "stock" or "standard" STI (depending on the article source), even though it had aftermarket springs, dampers, brake pads, exhaust and removed speed limiter. Just like the "prototype" STI that went on the Nurburgring in less than 8 minutes with a bigger turbo and six-piston front calipers.

Originally Posted by EvolutionIX219
So they do not allow test drives period? Or do they only allow it to "cash in hand" customers?
Some do. I remember that same dealership going through a change in ownership a bit later, and their new GSM personally invited me back to test drive one and was well aware of the fact that I wasn't going to buy it. It's easier to allow test drives with more pre-owned inventory, which they will usually use for test drives rather than brand-new models.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to explain, simple yesterday on way home with the basic mods I have, I was playing with an sti as if he was no challenge what so ever even with the basics he had. Also I have always loved the way evos look and perform. when I went and test drove the one I have now it was love at first spool. My little brother even found a list I made as a kid of the cars I wanted to have and of course at the top of the list was the evo like a diamond lol.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I chose an EVO over any other car, because I have always loved EVOs and what they are capable. Not to mention the 4G63 bullet proof block.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iceman1189
How to explain, simple yesterday on way home with the basic mods I have, I was playing with an sti as if he was no challenge what so ever even with the basics he had. Also I have always loved the way evos look and perform. when I went and test drove the one I have now it was love at first spool. My little brother even found a list I made as a kid of the cars I wanted to have and of course at the top of the list was the evo like a diamond lol.
My buddy owns an STI, which has a lot more mods than my evo, and too be honest I wasn't really impressed with it. It is definitely a nice car, but not my cup of tea.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:18 PM

The Evo 9 handled better and provided better feedback to the driver based on all the reviews I'd read at the time. I didn't like the blue interiors on the STIs that were in my price range, so that sealed the deal. I do love how that boxer engine sounds tho...
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by tigergt
The Evo 9 handled better and provided better feedback to the driver based on all the reviews I'd read at the time. I didn't like the blue interiors on the STIs that were in my price range, so that sealed the deal. I do love how that boxer engine sounds tho...
Agreed they do sounds pretty sick.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by iceman1189
Agreed they do sounds pretty sick.
Only at lower rpms though. It doesn't sound as cool in the upper half of the rev range.