Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how well protected is your evo 8 from being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2004 | 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
Why are there so many run-on sentences? Ouch. I checked here because I thought there might be a theft prob in Australia... I guess that's what insurance is for.

Nah its only American people who are typing in here
We don't get our 100 (yes one hundred) evos til like June..
Old Feb 7, 2004 | 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Well, that makes this post even more confusing... Don't you wish you weren't in the higher intelligence band sometimes?
Old Feb 7, 2004 | 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB
Well, that makes this post even more confusing... Don't you wish you weren't in the higher intelligence band sometimes?
Me ?? Higher Intelligence band............

Yeah, i looked at it before, and thought... zah ? shouldn't this be in Evo General ? If the Aussie Forum hadda mod this woulda been fixed by now
Old Feb 8, 2004 | 03:13 AM
Evolving Member

Three cheers for Rexhunta! Our new mod! By Unintentional Voting!

PS. Yes, this is a Dictatorship!
Old Feb 8, 2004 | 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Good call, get rexhunta as our Moderator!

Still dont understand much of what the guys in the US are talking about, and yes it hurt me head too

The Evos that ship here will have a Cat 2 alarm system on them. If you ask me that is not good enough! Conisdering the limited supply of the cars they will become a target more so than the STI. The Suby (WRX and STI) comes with anti-car jacking systems via the Brant Keypad and have been for 4 years. If anyone here know of someone that works for Ralliart tell them what we want.

This should also be an option for the VR-X lancer as well. It would show that Mitsu have some pride in their cars.

THX1138
Old Feb 8, 2004 | 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Moved to Evo General... we haven't got our Evo 8's yet
Old Feb 8, 2004 | 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe he/she is just a kid and can't construct sentences correctly yet?!? Or maybe his/her first language was not English??? Maybe he/she speaks like 10 different language and forgot which one should be used???
Old Feb 8, 2004 | 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

ok guys, let it be. i cleaned it up a bit so now people can read and understand the question
Old Feb 9, 2004 | 12:02 AM

My brother who happens to be 14 years old, who hangs out with me in my evo is a fanatic about performance parts and talking to you (evo members). know he feels bad that everybody is making fun of him (he saids). so evo owners am not letting him use my username anymore but i will give him a new one so he could talk, so i will post it dont be harsh on him he is after all one of us as he may get an evo as well
Old Feb 9, 2004 | 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Good lord. I don't know what is worse, the brother or the real poster. Damn you US school systems!
Old Feb 9, 2004 | 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

for one thing, dont give a theft an extra excuse to break in.... dont leave radar exposed... and keep your CD's hidden including anything valueable. even if the evo's anti-theft system prevents the car from moving... he will still cost you by breaking ur window
Old Feb 9, 2004 | 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

doesn't the evo's come with a chip in the key to prevent it to be stolen?
Old Feb 9, 2004 | 02:41 PM

yes but it could be bypassed. Okay just as i posted before i am also deciding on which one to choose. The best alarm so far that i had research was the clifford which happens to be the best nominated in awards not only that it has a system where if you disarm the alarm or arm it, as you know, it works with frequences, which means, codes. so if some body interested in your car, that wants to steal it, they have to be in range to capture your code receiver. The clifford alarm changes the codes everytime you arm & disarm it so that means that if somebody did capture your signal and they tried to open your car it would not work because clifford alarms changes the code into thousands possible figure combination which is cool including the immobilizer. Also you should know that having a remote starter alarm increases the chance of it being stolen due to a bypass that could be done a info that i got from a clifford and viper alarm installer and not only that, the good alarms dont carry the following features if you go with remote starter alarms just to let you know. and also hide the brain of youre alrm as it could be sniffed out.
Old Feb 9, 2004 | 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

from what i understand... u cannot bypass the oem security system. The ecu will not function without having the key encoded with the correct computer chip in the ignition.
i could be wrong though

hope i dont find out the hard way
BUDLoNG
Old Feb 9, 2004 | 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

This guy claims he can remote start any car that has remote start with his palm pilot.

Sounds accurate because anyone can control a TV with a palm.
I know for sure you can do a parking lot hack in a WIFI network with a palm. Why would a car be any harder?
What do you guys think?